Why do thermometers never agree?

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Prick.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Ah, another informative answer from thicko Pounder. You're as stupid as a southerner sometimes.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What's important to a person is how warm it feels. I guess thermometers should be hung in the centre of the room, so they smack you in the face as you walk in.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It is not an answer, it is a remark. Learn the difference, prick.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Reply to
Bob

They don't agree Because one is Republican, the other is Democrat and the third is most likely Libertarian.

Reply to
Hawk

Ah, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying it was important in everyday life to know your wall temperature.

I do scoff at weather forecasts when they say "-7C, feels like -1000000C, DANGER! You will die instantly! Severe wind chill!" Yeah right. I just stick my head out of the door and decide whether to wear shorts or shorts.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

And siri somehow knows your personal preference, and precisely what you'll be doing? Do you tell it you're going to be running, walking, sitting about, shopping, driving, etc?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Checked with a digital one. Only 3% difference. Which I think would slightly exaggerate the change I'd feel.

I think the problem is that the room isn't even throughout, they never are. I'm feeling the air in the middle as I walk through the door, the thermometers were on the wall at the edge.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

How hard can it be to open the f****ng door? Same goes for rain, I look at the sky. If there are clouds, it might rain.

Yep, as you just stated above, it makes a difference if you're going to be exerting yourself.

So the answer it gives still needs adjustment by yourself. Might aswell just look outside.

Are you really that wimpy? If so, shove the fleece in the car. When you get there, if you feel cold, put it on.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not hard but nothing like what it will be like on the other side of town with a stiff breeze blowing.

Outside my house is quite different to most of the town how it feels wise.

I look at the radar and lightning maps, give a much better idea of what is likely to happen.

I don't TELL siri that.

Sure, but SIRI doesn't KNOW that,

Yes,

Not when outside my place is quite different to most of the town.

Its designed to be that way and does that very well indeed.

Nothing wimpy about being comfortable.

< If so, shove the fleece in the car. When

More convenient to put it on before going out.

In spades with the short/cargo pants choice.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Is it because of their mercurial temperament?

Reply to
Custos Custodum

Could be, I'll give them a jolly good talking to.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Or the humidity is different

In a humid summer I want my car at 19C. In dry cold winder 22 is more the mark.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Stupid question. Take the three thermometers together into each room before posing it.

Reply to
FMurtz

The thermometer is usually inserted into a nearby orifice (if you can only say mieaow or woof)

Reply to
Andrew

Was somone murdered in that room ?. Ghost ??

Reply to
Andrew

Set mine at 22C on the last few cars and never change it. Love good climate control in a car.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You must be a really sensitive little girl if you can even detect the difference. I can walk outside when it's 10C and when it's 5C and I couldn't tell you if it was colder or warmer today.

You believe those witch doctors do you? I've got something in my pocket that's more accurate, it's a coin. If it's heads it rains, if it's tails it's sunny.

Which is my point. It can't give you an accurate idea of what to wear as it has no idea what you're going to be doing.

Just how big is this town?

Most folk are comfortable within a fair range of temperatures.

No it's not. Just leave one in the car and always go out without one. As soon as you decide you're cold, put it on.

You seriously must be female.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey