Why do thermometers never agree?

In truth we use AC year round. We Condition the Air. Sometimes we heat it, other times re remove heat, other times we do both to remove humidity.

I remember back in the 1950s my father was the plant engineer for a printing company. They just had a huge central cooling system installed, not so much to make people comfortable but to control the printing environment. At times they would run the AC cooling system and fire up the boilers for heat so they could control humidity.

Don't recall the capacity of the system but I remember walking inside of it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

A dehumidifier is nothing but a low BTU A/C unit with a very high air flow.

Reply to
gfretwell

What you mean is, you can turn on the A/C and the heater at once.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why don't you prefix your posts like I have? "Mark Lloyd snipped-for-privacy@mail.invalid wrote" Then my computer knows you're replying to me. I've had to insert a references header rule, that's why I wasn't seeing your replies.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

At times some people don't care about the fuel bill of their workplace. I walked into an office once where the window was wide open, the heating was on, and the AC was on. Apparently, a woman (it's always a woman) had turned on the AC to cool the room a bit, failing to realise she could actually program a temperature, then turned on the heating when it got too cold, then opened the window when some sweaty workers entered the room. Net result: big gas bill, big electric bill.

I'm not sure how the AC worked with regards to dehumidifying - it was a ceiling mounted unit, with the external unit a long way off, outside. Where would the condensed water go? AFAIK there was no pipe coming from it.

And she wasn't trying to dry the room, she was just stupid.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey