Recommended thermometers?

What type and brand of thermometers are a good choice at a price reasonable enough for the DIYer? Needed for line temperature, condenser dry bulb inlet air temp, and evaporator wet bulb air inlet temp.

I have $20 thermister based digital stem thermometer (Mcmaster Carr

3305K54). I placed the stem under foam pipe insulation to measure line temp. Noticed touching it would change the reading. Is there a better way? What's a reliable way to measure wet bulb temperature?

I thought about a "laser IR thermometer", but not sure if they are worth it for line temp. Prices on those start around $40 on ebay.

Reply to
Bob N

I like to use an anal thermometer. No shit!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives