Charging Residential Air Conditioning? Help

Having trouble Charging Residential Air Conditioning. Started off lowside was 48 - 50 degree. I was trying to bring is down to 38-40. It would never suck in any more r-22. Vent air is only 73 so it should go lower. Dad said maybe system was not balance so he bleed some off into empty tank. Now lowside is 65 degree around 110 psi. Vent air is

  1. System will still not take any R-22 just stays in same place. What could be the problem? New system only 3 years old. Goodman.

Outside temp 89 inside temp now 83

lowside temp 78 Highside temp 99

air blowing out and intake is 89

lowside 65 degree and 110 psi

Reply to
doogie

Light a small charcoal fire in a BBQ grill or 5-gallon metal bucket and put the freon can on it. The extra heat will help force the freon into the system. Sometimes you just get one that is sluggish.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Dad said not to heat or turn upside down because if liquid goes in system it will mess it up. He thinks maybe the compasser is not working. But i hear it. Anyway to test to make sure it is working. He is not here to check himself.

Reply to
doogie

First off... you need to improve your communication skills....

Call a heating and air conditioning company.....while you might get the ball bat stuck up your ass....it will be cheaper than having them out to fix any damages done by you to the equipment....stop now....call a professional

Reply to
cornytheclown

Dear Doggie, After several years as an AC installer, I'm starting to get working in the service end of things. I realize that you have a can of gas, some gages, and plenty of good intentions. However, from what I can tell, you are making matters worse by adding more freon. Sounds like the system is masssively over charged at the moment. Please call a service company. Failing that, please write me back and I'll give you a specific list of things to measure, and we'll work on this together.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Someone out there is practicing a wicked sense of humor. I suspect this was the same someone who was blowing an alleycat through a sewer line with compressed air, to clear a blockage.

Yeah, Doggie, you'll get some strange ones on this list.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It sounds like your dad is an "old ways" technician who may not be up on all the new technology and improvements.

Sorry I couldn't help you.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Thanks for the real help. And you were right over charged was the problem. Dad came over which he is a pro. He use to design system. He is retired now and just got out of hospital with cancer. He told me what to do but I don't think he understood what pressure reading I was telling him. Once he came and looked himself he hooked it up to his system thing and bleed some out. Once again thanks for you help. And you were right Overcharged.

Reply to
doogie

Glad you got it fixed. Hope your dad sues the shit out of the hospital for giving him cancer.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Recover the entire refrigerant charge, and start from scratch by calling a

*COMPETENT*, licensed, insured, profrssionally trained, HVAC tech to try to save the system that you have screwed up. If your real lucky, your have not done any permanant damage to the compressor.
Reply to
Noon-Air

The best thing you can do now since you went screw around with something you and your dad knows nothing about call reputable mechanic and tell him what you did and be honest about it, must likely he will need to dump all out and start from scratch. other then that be prepared to by new compressor. good luck you will needed from Dido

Reply to
Dido

And be careful that someone doesn't sue HIS sorry ass for dumping refrigerant into the atmosphere.

Hey Doggie....You just ratted out your own cancer-riddled father.

How do you feel?

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

Like you say. Best thing to do at this point is to recover the entire freon charge, and weigh it back in.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oscar_Lives posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Like it's constipated?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Unless you have a f****ng clue....

Wanna buy one? Ill make sure its wrapped in the special Lucifer wrapper..and you can pray the evil out of it.

Reply to
aka-SBM

If you are sure what's inside of unit Dido

Reply to
Dido

You are completely correct. After he added some of the green stuff, he may likely have added a couple of them little white 12 ounce cans, with the can tap. Cause they were just sitting in the garage.

It's very possible the system has a load of air, or some other refrigerant.

So, your answer is very wise. A good plan would be to recover the entire charge, vacuum out the air, and then charge with a known weight of virgin refrigerant.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Before or after he fixes the leak??.....

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Well, if it's over charged, there must not be that major a leak.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Use Discover. That's what Trisha Yearwood would do.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~