Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple

's an an article you'll probably agree with. After you read it you can substitute your favorite "tools that have gone bad..."

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Lutz's article goes a long way in explaining why the trend in quality merchandise and services seems to be heading south. Another good example is plane travel. The airlines treat their passengers like they are a bother instead of like they are customers. However there is always a way for the well healed traveler to make his journey more comfortable. There is the first class cabin, and the airlines private club room at the airport. For the really well healed, perhaps even including Lutz, there is the Lear jet.

Like Bogart said in the African Queen, " You pays your money and you takes your choice." There is Harbor Freight and there's Festool. There is no free lunch and as consumers of wood working tools and supplies we can buy at either end of the value spectrum.

Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

"Heeled" fercrissakes, "heeled". :)

Reply to
Swingman

Was ir Oral Roberts or Jimmy Swaggart who said those same words ???

Reply to
Pat Barber

Hey Swing, I don't want to get into a spelling bee, but "heal " looks okay.

Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

As recall, the POS African Queen got them to the ocean and even sunk a German ship.

Reply to
willshak

No, I think it was "The Dog Whisperer", :-)

Reply to
willshak

Lol ... Yeah, but what disease(s) was he healed of? Sorry man, one was OK, but two? .... just blame it on your spell checker. ;)

Swingman

I don't know the real entymology, but I think that it referred to a shoe heel. A well heeled man did not have the heel wear of a poorer man.

Reply to
willshak

You couldn't have pointed it out any planer.

Reply to
Robatoy

Bin riding in one of them their Leer jets myself...

Reply to
Swingman

Your kidding me!

Reply to
Robatoy

No sheet!

Reply to
Swingman

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean "entomology" (insectually speaking) so you must have misspelled "etymology", or word origin.

Don't you just hate it when you correct someone and get it wrong?

-- Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Larry Jaques

What, more ayrabs over here?

(for the challenged, bin Riding)

-- Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Larry Jaques

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Mark Twain

Bin Theirdunnedat

Reply to
Robatoy

So Lake Victoria is an ocean?

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Victoria was a lake a couple of months ago

Reply to
George W Frost

And his cherman friend, Gott Thetee.

P.S: It's "You're kidding me."

-- Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I stand corrected on the spelling of heel. This thread is getting erudite, etymologically speaking. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER