Which chisel?

notbob wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Is this an amp with speakers, or just a head? If it's just a head, it doesn't much matter what you make it from, as long as it looks good.

If it has speakers, yeah, you probably want to choose materials that won't affect the sound, or at least not in ways you don't want.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

I plan ona spkr only cabinet. Probably jes one spkr, but the cab will be set up to accommodate different spkrs, easily changed out. Why buy a combo when heads are cheaper? Then change the spkr in the cabinet to one that fits the style of playing. That's my plan. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

You're probably not going to like that idea after you change out a speaker the first time. Go for a good speaker right off the bat and rely on your fingers, your guitar settings and your amp EQ/gain, etc. to get the sound you want for a particular style.

Reply to
Mike Marlow