Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than during Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

Page 8 of 9

Your proof that they won't?
On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:18:11 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Proof? It's happening right now in front of you. Sustainable water levels are disappearing in many places that had previously lush fertile soil.
My proof is plain common sense, something you continually appear to be lacking in large quantities.

The government does some dumb things, like giving away "free" water to farm unfarmable land. Sure.

Your "common sense" is nonsense.

Apparently, the faster plant growth is somewhat of a fallacy. It may simply be untrue, or only true for a few species. But, too bad, it doesn't work too well. Perhaps the seeding of the Southern Ocean with iron would work to a small extent. At least I just saw a reference that it might (at least temporarily) deep six about 1/8th of the CO2 produced by fossil fuel burning. I'm sure you can google it.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

Maybe so, but why would anyone WANT to "deep six" a mess of CO2?

By "fertilizing" the ocean with iron sulfate, they caused a bloom of plankton and all kinds of tiny sea creatures, who all fixed CO2 into their organic bodies. When they died, they sank to the bottom,hence my choice of words.
--
Best regards
Han

Quick, someone with a remedy for black flies?
--
Best regards
Han

Winter.

911,000 people seem to think they have that licked. See: https://www.google.com/search?q=pesticide+for+black+flies <g>
-- Win first, Fight later.
--martial principle of the Samurai
Mike Marlow wrote:

My current squeeze is from that area, a suburb of Buffalo (Sasparilla or something like that). A year ago, I went with her to meet her family. Pleasant enough, but...
The plane trip caused a deep vein thrombosis. A few days after returning I came down with double pulmonary embolism.
My dearly beloved called 911.
In slightly more than FOUR MINUTES, I had FIVE EMT's and paramedics in my bedroom. Outside was an ambulance and a fire truck. Luckily, I live about six blocks from a Class I Trauma Center.
All better now, but the insurance company is out $72,000.
I blame New York.
"Steve B" wrote:

-------------------------------- Too much of a stretch for your thought capabilities?
Lew
On 7/20/2012 12:48 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Actually a perfect fit for congressional duties ... a comedian, elected by TV fans.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 7/20/2012 7:52 AM, Swingman wrote:

And a comedian that best played a person with a reality similar to that of a "duck", one that wakes up in a new world every day, Jack Handy, AKA someone in government and fits in well.
On 7/18/2012 2:14 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Best time to plant a tree (or not cut one down) was 20 years ago.
When it would have made a difference.

And you could use it for woodworking, today. ;-)
On 7/18/2012 1:34 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Which is still a drop in the bucket compared to naturally occurring CO2, like all those people breathing, even 10 years ago.

That has been going on long becore this all became the latest fad.

What exactly is out of balance and what makes you so sure everything is not headed towards being in balance. Just what are the exact measurements of "what you thing is out of balance" should we be shooting for LEW???

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:07:14 -0700, Artemus wrote:

Indeed. Here's the next paragraph:
The density and width of tree rings shows how warm it was during each year's growing season, and trees thereby serve as a record of long-term climate trends. The density and width of tree rings shows how warm it was during each year's growing season, and trees thereby serve as a record of long-term climate trends. CREDIT: NSF.gov View full size image
A new analysis of 2,000 years of tree ring data has quickly made climate change deniers' list of greatest hits to the theory of manmade global warming.
The tree rings "prove [the] climate was WARMER in Roman and Medieval times than it is now," the British newspaper the Daily Mail reported last week, "and [the] world has been cooling for 2,000 years."
That and other articles suggest the current global warming trend is a mere blip when viewed in the context of natural temperature oscillations etched into tree rings over the past two millennia. The Star-Ledger, a New Jersey newspaper, mused that the findings lock in "one piece of an extremely complex puzzle that has been oversimplified by the Al Gores of the world."
What's Your Actual Age? www.RealAge.com Take the RealAge Test and find out the actual age of your body. How to Improve Memory? IQ-150.com/Trial-Offer 1 "Little" Ingredient May Be Secret to Improving Memory. Read More. "Shocking" 2012 Horoscope www.PremiumAstrology.com Insert your birthdate & get answers about Past, Present & Future. Free Ads by Google
"However, the study actually does none of the above. "Our study doesn't go against anthropogenic global warming in any way," said Robert Wilson, a paleoclimatologist at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland and a co-author of the study, which appeared July 8 in the journal Nature Climate Change. The tree rings do help fill in a piece of Earth's complicated climate puzzle, he said. However, it is climate change deniers who seem to have misconstrued the bigger picture"

Common sense is a misnomer, what we understand as common sense isn't common at all - Gerard the janitor
--
Best regards
Han

IOW, "Here's how _we_ want you to construe our findings..." rather than letting people go with the facts. Riiiiiiiiiiight.
-- Win first, Fight later.
--martial principle of the Samurai
On 7/17/2012 2:57 PM, Leon wrote:

Anyone interested in the issue should read the IPCC findings on what a poor job they had been doing themselves with regard to, but not limited to, the following:
Conflicts of interest; disregarding of controversial review comments; genuine controversies not being adequately reflected in their reports; not following their own guidelines about policies formulated on statements of high confidence, but little evidence; lack of transparency; due consideration not given to properly documented alternative views; not policing unpublished and non-peer-reviewed sources; lack of procedures to changes to reduce opportunities for political interference with scientific results; not ensuring that the main conclusions in its assessment reports are underpinned by appropriately referenced peer-reviewed sources or, to the greatest extent practical, by openly accessible databases.
The recommending of these interdepartmental changes is arguably a tacit admission that many of their previous reports may have been based on flawed science, were not peer reviewed, and many may have been politically motivated.
Interesting reading, considering the source ... the mother of the AGW movement:
http://reviewipcc.interacademycouncil.net/report/Chapter%205%20-%20Conclusions.pdf
What else would you expect ... "trust but verify", without the verification, is naught but a fool's practice.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010