Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than during Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

So put a carbon tax on Chinese cars.

So ban clear cutting rain forests. Obama should be able to pass that law, at least. Right? He's had over three years.

There oughta be a law!

Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If you are so happy to tax anyone, why don't you contact Congress? They're the ones with the "purse strings".

Ok, fun aside, whether or not you think there is a problem or not, the increased production of CO2 is not helping the perceived problems. And I would dearly see another "Elfstedentocht" in Holland during my life time. A 200 km skating race on natural ice is just awesome ...

Reply to
Han

Larry Blanchard wrote in news:ju71od$ge1$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

Common sense is a misnomer, what we understand as common sense isn't common at all - Gerard the janitor

Reply to
Han

Isn't that the answer to every "problem", real or perceived?

"It's not helping the perceived problem", says it all. It matters less whether, or not, there is a "problem", than it matters that there is a

*perception* of a problem. Perception is reality, I guess. Thank you, AlGore.
Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Sorry, wrong choice of words. It isn't a question whether global warming is happening, it is. The problem is whether one believes our increasing CO2 conetent of the atmosphere has a major or a minor effect here. That's the perception I speak of.

Being an ostrich never helped anyone.

Reply to
Han

If there is a human contribution to global warming, it from all the hot air and flatulence being released by Congress.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Everyone ignores that on a global level, a little warming would be a good thing for life in general.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Best time to plant a tree (or not cut one down) was 20 years ago.

When it would have made a difference.

Reply to
Richard

Define "Global Warming". Does it mean something (anything) is changing? If so, there's no question.

Does it mean that the Earth is getting warmer? Maybe. The jury is still out.

"Dangerously so"? No.

Does it justify higher taxes? Absurd.

Is it possible to do anything about it, if we wanted to. Nope.

...and what is the cart and what is the horse.

Exactly the "perception" I spoke of above, too. You believe the perception is more important than the reality.

Then STOP!

Reply to
krw

And you could use it for woodworking, today. ;-)

Reply to
krw

So uh like, ummmm Han! ;~) You think CO2 is a bad thing and should be curbed as much as feasible but not enough to buy a greener vehicle???

The responsibility is every one else's ???

Maybe not bad enough or causing enough trouble that "you" should change... ;~)

LOL

Reply to
Leon

Which is still a drop in the bucket compared to naturally occurring CO2, like all those people breathing, even 10 years ago.

That has been going on long becore this all became the latest fad.

What exactly is out of balance and what makes you so sure everything is not headed towards being in balance. Just what are the exact measurements of "what you thing is out of balance" should we be shooting for LEW???

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news:p snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I know it sounds hypocritical, Leon, and perhaps it is. I like the van, and I won't ditch it (that has environmentally harmful consequences as well ). I also can't really justify a second vehicle for just my wife and me. So I try to drive as little as possible/convenient, and do it in a greeny kind of way - no jackrabbit starts etc.

But indeed, I think that industrialized generation of CO2 is NOT a good thing for the environment (I pay extra to get renewable energy electricity).

Reply to
Han

Just Wondering wrote in news:50073ac5$0$8964$882e7ee2 @usenet-news.net:

Indeed, that doesn't help either ...

Reply to
Han

Precisely Han, if any one really thought this was a serious problem we would probably be doing something about it other than coming up with ways to make money off of fixing what very very few are willing to actually do anything about. The fix will inevitably be a rob Peter to pay Paul situation. The cure will be equal to or worse than the problem.

Has any one considered lately that cleaning up the atmosphere allows more sun light to reach the surface of the earth??? Stronger hurricanes because there is more warming of the oceans. How is that better???

Reply to
Leon

And wondering if warming follows increasing C02 or increasing C02 follows warming.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

...and further wondering that why it is that now, warming follows CO2 when the record shows that it has *always* led CO2. That "science" has always escaped me. Of course then there is that "heat island" thing. ...and the outright lies by the "scientists" who are profiting from "global warming". Nah, nothing about the "science" to be concerned about.

Reply to
krw

Interesting fallacy...

I'm curious about how that "greener" vehicle (mostly plastic) was made without any environmental impact...

Reply to
Richard

Nor a chicken little.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Rightio! The books I read show that it follows warming. This means, to those of you out in Rio Linda and you liberal folks, that the CO2 did not cause the warming. It's an -effect- of said warming.

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques