Totally Guy Songs (warning-these lyrics may be offensive to women-but maybe not)

They recorded? Hot dam. They used to live in the upstairs of my duplex. Rooooxanne...

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

I apologize, the artist was Barry Sadler.

In case this was before your time, and your question comes from the word "Beret" in the title, here are the lyrics. You decide if it's a Guy song.

Fighting soldiers from the sky Fearless men who jump and die Men who mean just what they say The brave men of the Green Beret

CHORUS: Silver wings upon their chest These are men, America's best One hundred men will test today But only three win the Green Beret

Trained to live off nature's land Trained in combat, hand-to-hand Men who fight by night and day Courage peak from the Green Berets

CHORUS

Back at home a young wife waits Her Green Beret has met his fate He has died for those oppressed Leaving her his last request

?Put silver wings on my son's chest Make him one of America's best He'll be a man they'll test one day Have him win the Green Beret?

Reply to
Just Wondering

| Silver wings upon their chest

The guys who wear jump wings have their own songs that most people will probably never hear. Some are nearly grim with determination ("Down from heaven comes 11 and there's hell to pay below") and some acknowlege a heritage and an eagerness to live up to it ("We have a rendez-vous with destiny").

All paratroopers seem to delight in singing "Blood on the Risers" to the music of "Battle Hymn of the Republic" - about a rookie trooper's final jump. The chorus starts out: "Gory, gory, what a hellova way to die / He ain't gonna jump no more..."

I'm pretty sure they're guy songs. :-)

Morris Dovey

While doing PLF's off the mantel/bar/landing/table of any suitable "O" or "NCO" club, just prior to closing time.

Reply to
Swingman

I don't need the lyrics. I can sing it from memory. ;-)

"It was bamibah, bamibah, bamibah wa-ooo" "Yeah ... he's a trooper alright ... a garret trooper"

I had the album.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

Marines practicing "carrier landings" on tables, bar tops, etc.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Hmm. I'm reminded of an ex paratrooper who was always on about how he knew how to land and for ten bucks he'd jump out that window. I finally got sick of hearing him and gave him ten bucks. It was a 50 foot drop onto a fully laden bicycle rack.

Reply to
J. Clarke

If I understand the way a typical contract works the label gets most, or all of the profit from album sales while the group makes money from concerts. Assuming of course, that they do make money.

Boston's second album sounded a lot like the first. So much so that many folks thought of them as a 'one-hit wonder' that managed to stretch that hit over two albums. OTOH had the second album been radically different, it might have bombed.

Reply to
fredfighter

Harry Nilson's "You're Breaking my Heart"

Reply to
fredfighter

That's pretty close ... the more famous you are, and the more albums you have with a track record, the more favorable the terms you can negotiate on a typical recording contract. Basically, the first time or two out of chute, you get shafted ... labels, like any entity who writes the contract, can be very creative in what comes out of gross to figure net.

For most any on in the music/recording business, the _real_ money is in the publishing, not record sales, so those who write their own songs and manage to hold onto the publishing rights can make a bundle.

Reply to
Swingman