Totally Guy Songs (warning-these lyrics may be offensive to women-but maybe not)

Page 4 of 4

Dead skunk in the middle of the road.
"How Come My Dog Don't Bark When You Come 'Round" by Buck Owens
Charlie M. 1958 wrote:

Or for an earlier version, try Prince Partridge. Love Buck Owens songs. "Love's gonna live here" always does it for me. Have a friend who was in Bakersfield when he passed on. Whole town went into mouring.     sigh,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

I know the first time I ever heard it, many years ago, it sounded like an older black guy singing it.... don't know if that is the one you're talking about.
Baby Take Off Your Dress - Joe Cocker (Can't listen to that song without visualizing Kim Basinger stripping to it in 9 1/2 Weeks)
Eileen - Keith Richards - recorded post humously (?) (He's been dead for year right? )
Holy Mother - Erci Clapton (there's a riff on this one that screams/pleads from the depths of hell)
The Extremist - Joe Satriani
The Stars Spangle Banner - Hendrix (patriotism and glory as seen by the guy being shot at and bombed, surrounded by the dead and dying)
Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits (Knoffler can do kick as rock riffs or heart tuggers that'll bring tears to your eyes)
Lay Lady Lay - Dylan - when he was actually singing
Just about anything by ZZ Tops (they do minor variations of the same song - over and over and over again - and it still kicks ass)
Blood on The Saddle - Tex Ritter
A Cripple on His Deathbead - Skip Spence - OAR album he did EVERYTHING on it - played all the instruments, wrote and sang the songs and recorded it all himself trying to get out of a contract with Warner. The "business" fried him - but once in a while, with a mike in front of him and a guitar in his hand he'd come back from where ever he normally was. If you were lucky enough to be there it was something you remember for a LONG time.
Anything by Les Paul - what a freakin' genious in so many areas. Every electric guitar player should bow their heads at the mention of his name. The Moody Blues should send him a check every month - forever.
Time - The Chambers Brothers (plus a red haired irish drummer)
Poncho and Lefty Always on My Mind - Willy Nelson
charlie b

I have a _fantastic_ live version of that in my iPod.
If I play it in the shop I've been known to stop working to shed a tear...

I have a DVD called Music For Montserrat (Arrow, Jimmy Buffet, Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Elton John, Mark Knopfler, Paul McCartney, Carl Perkind and Sting.) Mark Knopfler does a version of Brothers in Arms with a full orchestra ( IIRC conducted by George Martin at the Royal Albert Hall.)... let me just say this... if that doesn't give you goose-bumps, you are not alive. Maybe that is the version you have. (McCartney's rendition of Golden Slumbers is worth the price of the DVD alone.)

No shit, eh?
PS, did ever hear any Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler 'duets'? I don't play them often, because every time I do, I put my Tele away in its case for a few days.
Anything by Barry Manilow, the BeeGees, Leo Sayer,...
Huh?
Oh, sorry. I thought you said totally GAY songs. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
B.

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 21:25:43 -0500, "Buddy Matlosz"

What? No Leif Garrett?
(I only remember him from the movie "Joe Dirt"! <G>)
Harry Nilson's "You're Breaking my Heart"
--
FF