To the moderator

I just posted a reply to 'router and raised panels ?s' which was posted by 'habbi'. I should have posted directly to 'toller' rather than to the entire group and have it look like I was chewing him out in front of everyone. I don't like discention and contention. I'd appreciate it if you could stop that post. Later, Chiz
:) There is no moderator! Once you hit send, you gotta live with the words you wrote.
Dave
C & M wrote:

Not necessarily. You can cancel your usenet message, and before it is read if you act quickly enough.
I've cancelled a few of my messages within seconds when I realized I wanted to start all over with a new message. I'd get responses to the "cancelled" message, even though it disappeared from my newsreader's screen. So now I try harder to compose more carefully.
Dave
Guess who wrote:

Problem with that is, that due to more than a decade of cancel control messages being abused, many newsservers don't honor them. So, truly, once you pull the trigger, it's out there forever. Google _will_ have it.

Some ISP's allow cancellation on their servers, but that won't cancel the message when it has been echoed to a number of other servers out there. Most messages are echoed out rather quickly.

The cabal (there is no cabal) will get right on it.

Request denied.
Moderator

Doug?
Can you take care of this? <G>
On Sun, 22 May 2005 11:00:01 GMT, Ba r r y

Gosh...where's Vito to save us, at a time like this when we need him?

Last I heard, he was over at alt.usenet.kooks, complaining about his recent Kook of the Month award... and of course the AUKers referred to his complaints as his "acceptance speech"...

Priceless. And where better to have him expending his energies.
"Ba r r y" wrote in message

Hell, all this time I thought BAD was the moderator.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05
snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

OUCH....
But if he survives, he'll only be eating crepes for the rest of his life. He must eat, or he'll flounder.