Threaded inserts in particle board

Should I also use Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Glue or Super Glue (cyanoacrylate) to prevent the threaded inserts from twisting/pulling out of particle board?
On 07/21/2015 11:48 AM, gary wrote:

Don't think either'll make any difference; if want to try anything, an epoxy _might_ help a little but I'd guess even that would be marginal at best.

On 7/21/2015 12:48 PM, gary wrote:

C/A... Carpenter glue won't really bond to the brass. But C/A will bond to both particle board and brass making it difficult for the insert to move at all. you can wick thin C/A in after the fact, or use thick c/A b4 .
--
Jeff

On 7/21/2015 12:48 PM, gary wrote:

Thin CA will wick through the fibers and reinforce them somewhat and it will adhere to clean metal quite well. Wood turners have used thin CA for years to strengthen weak and semi-rotted wood and it seems to work pretty well.