Threaded inserts in particle board

Should I also use Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Glue or Super Glue (cyanoacrylate) to prevent the threaded inserts from twisting/pulling out of particle board?

Reply to
gary

Don't think either'll make any difference; if want to try anything, an epoxy _might_ help a little but I'd guess even that would be marginal at best.

Reply to
dpb

C/A... Carpenter glue won't really bond to the brass. But C/A will bond to both particle board and brass making it difficult for the insert to move at all. you can wick thin C/A in after the fact, or use thick c/A b4 .

Reply to
woodchucker

Thin CA will wick through the fibers and reinforce them somewhat and it will adhere to clean metal quite well. Wood turners have used thin CA for years to strengthen weak and semi-rotted wood and it seems to work pretty well.

Reply to
BenignBodger