Stanley No 194 Description?

I just today stumbled across a Stanley No 194. I'd never seen one before. I found it described as a fibreboard beveler but was unable to find a description of how it operates or a large enough picture to be able to tell.
It appears this one may be missing the actual cutter although the fence assembly is present I can't for the life of me decide how it must have worked. Anybody got more information?
Duane Bozarth wrote:

If haven't looked here yet, check this page out:
http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan13.htm
Unfortunately information of the # 194 seems sparse.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Thanks, I hadn't found that particularl one.

That seems to be an understatement... :)
I saw another (not quite so melodramatic <g>) description of the function previously and a small (thumbnail, in essence) overview picture but I still don't know exactly how the blade looked or how it was held...
Looks as though it may be collectible simply from the scarcity standpoint but probably of little other value/use.... :(

I inherited one from Grandpa. He had a drywall knife blade in it when I got it.

Dave Balderstone wrote:

Is there just a bed iron screwed to the bevel that clamps the blade in?

Yes. I can snap a pic if it would help, but on the one I have it's just a piece of bar steel that screws down to the bevel and hold the blade.
djb

Dave Balderstone wrote:

OK, Dave, thanks--that answers my question of "how the heck did this thing work".
This one has the bed iron, just no blade and I was trying to visualize what/how it was supposed to be used (and used for).
Unfortunately, while something of a curiousity, I see no gain in having found it... :)

Yeah, the only reason I have one is that it came from Gramps. It''s not even worth the effor to sell on eBay, AFAICT.
djb

Is that the same as the one on eBay collectables?
Limey Lurker wrote:

Don't know...which one might that be?
Limey Lurker wrote:

Or, if you mean is it listed on eBay, no...
Limey Lurker wrote:

Sorry, I should have said, "Is it similar to the one listed on eBay collectables?"
Limey Lurker wrote:

Ah...yes, that's it--that one also appears to be missing a blade.