Springy vertical drawer slide?

I was thinking about a cabinet that would have vertically oriented drawers. They'd stay flush with the top of the cabinet until you pushed them down and let them pop up (sort of like a stereo cabinet door). They'd be spring loaded or counterweighted so that they'd open up about halfway. When you were done you'd push down on them until they snapped back in place.
Is there any existing hardware like this?
--
Ben Jackson
< snipped-for-privacy@ben.com>

Yes, that's the kind of magnetic latch I was thinking of. That could be underneath the entire drawer. The other part would be slides for the drawer that could be counterweighted or spring-loaded. Like a window uses, for example. Oh! Or like a cash drawer. But more powerful. The drawer would sit about halfway open.
--
Ben Jackson
< snipped-for-privacy@ben.com>

a really big toaster?