Springy vertical drawer slide?

I was thinking about a cabinet that would have vertically oriented drawers. They'd stay flush with the top of the cabinet until you pushed them down and let them pop up (sort of like a stereo cabinet door). They'd be spring loaded or counterweighted so that they'd open up about halfway. When you were done you'd push down on them until they snapped back in place.

Is there any existing hardware like this?

Reply to
Ben Jackson

In case you need it, I've uploaded to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, a vertical drawer plan I designed for my own entertainment centre.

For push to release hardware, you might consider stuff similar to what Lee Valley Tools offers. Here's a few suggestions.

?SID=&ccurrency=1&page=40120&category=3,41399,41401

Reply to
Upscale

be underneath the entire drawer. The other part would be slides for the drawer that could be counterweighted or spring-loaded. Like a window uses, for example. Oh! Or like a cash drawer. But more powerful. The drawer would sit about halfway open.

Reply to
Ben Jackson

Reply to
Charles Spitzer