Help locating drawer slide hardware

Hello! I'm having a problem fixing some drawers in our recently purchased house. They've got a drawer slide system that I havent seen at any hardware stores yet.

The current slides use two things attached to the back of the drawer that look like this:

This is what I'm trying to replace, since it should have a little wheel on the bottom. The wheels hang below the bottom of the drawer, and ride along a rail. There are wheels inside the cabinets towards the face that the drawer rides on. Like this, but less blurry in real life:
does anyone know where I could find these things? The text stamped on them (GRANT DL) hasnt led me anywhere yet.

Failing that, are there easier to find drawer slide systems that dont require attaching anything to the drawers, except the back? The drawers dont have enough clearance for attaching rails to the sides without cutting a notch in the cabinets - and that notch would probably be visible around the drawer edge since the drawer face lip is very small.

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe Bott

Grant is the company name and the DL is fro "Drawer Left"

Not sure where you can get any of Grant's hardwre in the retail market, Where are you located I may be able to find you a commercial supplier in your area that carries them.

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

There is a type of drawer slide system that has one back of drawer mounted bracket with a wheel and it rides on a single channel mounted in the bottom middle of the drawer opening.

If you can't find Grant hardware you might be able to switch the drawers to the above with minimal problems.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt

All kinds of systems Joe ,grant seems to me wee or are a major slide manufacturer .It's my guess they will be mentioned in any google search [perhaps you have not heard of them ] if they are mentioned then you can most likely get their catalog and info on where to purchase them locally...

Reply to
mike hide

Aww, DL is just "Drawer Left"? No wonder googling on Grant DL didnt come up with anything useful.

I just did some more searching online, and while I've found a couple Grant items here and there, nothing that looks remotely like what I need.

It looks like theyre part of Hettich now, correct? I found a drawer slide brochure thats in German

but theres nothing in there that looks right.

Anyways, I'm in the Milwaukee, WI, US area. If you happen to know a place in there area that has these things, that'd be great! Otherwise, I may super glue a LEGO wheel to it and call it a day. :)

Thanks aga> Grant is the company name and the DL is fro "Drawer Left"

Reply to
Joe Bott

If you can't find replacement parts for Grant, there are *underdrawer* slides you *may* be able to use without notching your drawers. You will have to replace the mounting hardware within the cabinet. Accuride makes some available at Rockler. See:

a Google on "Grant door slides" yielded a number of vendors selling Hettich products.

~Mark.

Reply to
Woody