Another drawer slide thread

Folks,

If you were building a tool and parts storage cabinet and needed slides rated to 400 lbs per set, which ones would you buy and who would you buy them from?

TIA...

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)

Reply to
Rick Chamberlain

nospambob

You're going to pull out a "drawer" with 400 pounds on it? Better have the cabinet bolted firmly to the wall AND the floor, wear steel toed safety boots and be very quick on your feet.

Assuming you have the width, you could put four or six bottom mounted full extension glides, each pair rated at 100 pounds. Use ALL the screw holds available.

Accuride probably makes what you need.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

I know they make them because we used them in ATMs but I am not sure where you find them. They are ball bearing slides that are about 3" deep instead of the

1.5"
Reply to
Greg

IIRC Rockler sells or did sell the much heavier duty slides but expect to pay big premium. IIRC they start at about $100 a pair. Perhaps like others have suggested, 3 or 4 standard 100# slides per drawer.

Reply to
Leon

Interesting. I'm trying to pattern tool and parts storage similar to Lista or Vidmar, but in wood - probably baltic birch. I wonder what their drawer slides are rated for, since they rate the drawers at an average of 400 lb per drawer.

Reply to
Rick Chamberlain

Here is the length to the Extra HD Drawer slides that I was referring to.

are load rated at 500# per pair and come in lengths up to 60". Scroll down the page for the specs.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks for the link Leon.

Reply to
Rick Chamberlain

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:51:32 GMT, Rick Chamberlain brought forth from the murky depths:

Lee Valley was the heavy duty Accuride model 9301 (500lb/pr) for $89-209 depending upon size (2-5'). P/N 02K17.24, .30, .36, .48 and 02K17.60

Comprehensive Website Development ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques