RV Drawer slide supplier

I would like to rebuild the short useless drawers in my RV with full length drawers. I will need new drawer slides. Any pointers to a good supplier of RV locking drawer slides appreciated. I have found some references on the net like Rockler, Woodcraft etc, but you folks are so knowledgeable and may have some good tips on suppliers I have not found.

Thanks, LFW Use this address mailto: snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net

Reply to
L. Wilson

This place has pretty good prices when compared to the sources that you mentioned and good service. To get quantity discounts however you must order in the multiples indicated. For example if cheaper in multiples of 5, the 6th slide will be the cost of a single slide.

Leon

accuride are about the best I know of

Reply to
Mike Hide

I've wondered about replacing the slides in the RV with real drawer slides, than use a cabinet catch of some sort fo keep them from flying open.

Why is it that almost everything "RV" is cheap crap?

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

Light weight is part of it. Controlling the cost is another. The expensive RVs seem to have pretty good stuff in them (not that I *own* one of those, but I've drooled) but the lower end ones are pretty junky. My old trailer has thin (read that as less than 1/2") floors that flex so much when I walk on them (13% of a ton) that I'm afraid I'll end up in the basement. I keep thinking about adding a layer of

3/4" ply over the top to stiffen things up, but I'm too lazy, too cheap and too broke.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass