Spread the wealth???

Page 5 of 5
"lukeluck" wrote:

Rookie, get someone to wipe your nose and change your diaper, then come on back.
You are obviously not old enough to remember the days of a 50% tax rate on net profits.
Talk about creative accounting.
Lew

???
J. Clarke wrote:

For the company that put them out of business, or the new company that replaces the company that didn't know how to run the business, or, for a company that sells something people actually want.
--
Jack

At the places that will be taking over their business more efficiently and profitably. Same thing that has been going on for generations as companies are bought, sold, and closed. Some people fare better, others not so good. BTDT
Businesses are not for the government to support in a capitalistic society. If we help the big guys, why not help the medium sized businesses? Why not the small ones? Why not the incompetent ones? Oh, they ARE the one we are bailing out.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

You mean that they will move to China?

Uh huh.

Bingo.
Ever wonder where your kids' next meal is coming from?
--John
Richard Evans wrote:

Bailouts no, tax breaks on the other hand can be good. Corporations and business never pay taxes, you give them the money, unless they have a printing press in the basement. Business taxes sole purpose is to trick dumb asses into thinking someone else is paying taxes for them and to get the bottom half of society to actually pay something.
--
Jack

Yeah, those businesses are no burden on the infrastructure at all. No reason for them to pay taxes.

Damn bottom feeders. Spend what little they have on food and clothing and then don't pay taxes. Bastards!
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
LRod wrote:

I think his point was that businesses don't generally pay the cost of taxes out of their pocket, instead they pass it on to customers.
Increase the business tax, and the prices of the product will generally go up at least as much (or else quality/quantity decreases). This doesn't really get any more money out of the businesses, but it does shift additional cost onto those people that are purchasing products made by those businesses.
Chris

Life is going to be great -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

I'm John McCain, and I approved that message.
I'm John McCain, and I approved that message.
Now that's funny!
cm

Instead of you needing breaks, you need to lighten up a little. I'm glad that you finally see this as funny.
cm wrote:

Given The One's history of taking care of his relatives, it is apparent that his philosophy is: "I'm my brother's keeper and I'm going to tax the crap out *you* to help my brother with what was your money".

- If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough
Mark and/or Juanita, you are tougher than boiled owl.
Elrond Hubbard wrote:

Well, since you have descended to insults, the stupidity appears to be on your end. Barack's brother lives in a HUT on less than $20 per year in Kenya. Has BHO ever sent his brother $20 to double his income? His treasured Aunt Zuituni lives as an illegal immigrant in a slum in Boston; she illegally sent $260 to BHO's campaign. His campaign returned it after the news leaked out (via British newspapers). He returned exactly $260, not one penny more. TO HIS AUNT, FEATURED IN HIS BOOK AS A TREASURED RELATIVE -- WHO LIVES IN A SLUM! Yet he has the hubris to proclaim, "I am my brother's keeper".
BS, his real attitude is: "YOU are MY brother's keeper"
So, please explain, given these facts how it is that I am the dumb one here.

<snip of rabid blather>

I didn't say you were dumb - I said you were tougher than boiled owl.
Projecting a bit, aren't you?