Thermador Microwave Repair - Cannot find parts...

I recently had my Thermador microwave break down. It is about 6 years old and was apart of a built in Thermador Microwave/oven/warming tray set. I took it to two repair places and apparently the magnatron is broken. However, nobody can seem to find the repair parts. I cannot even find this particular model anyplace. Here is the info:

Model: 16-11-157 Type: S333

I removed the magantron and it appears that it is made by Panasonic. Model 2m261-m32

Amazingly Thermador themselves cannot tell me where to go for replacement parts! Help!

Reply to
n29af

liability in case you hurt yourself or others. very high voltages and microwave radiation...............

Reply to
hallerb

Try here:

You need to have an account with them to use the website, but you can call them and they will take orders over the phone.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Hmmm....no luck with 1stsourceparts.com....

Reply to
n29af

Yellow Pages, Look for Appliance parts stores. The guys who work behind those counters are a great wealth of information.

Every time I walk into my local shop (and it IS a hole in the wall type shop) the guy hears half my description of the problem then walks off and comes back with the right part every time. Truly Amazing, this is a case where the Internet does not have an advantage over a real store.

Unfortunately this does not work on Sunday :(

Reply to
pipedown

The two stores I have tried come up empty. They cannot even find the model number anywhere. It just seems so odd for a product that is only a few years old.

Reply to
n29af

replying to n29af, Barbara Snook wrote: Hi, I see your note from 9 years ago. I have the same Model, Microwave/oven/warming tray, by Thermador- the microwave died. I just had repairman take it apart and I need the same Microwave/ part. Did you find the part that it is made by Panasonic. Model 2m261-m32 ?

Reply to
Barbara Snook

replying to n29af, Mark Sandore wrote: so no one ever replied to your plea for help ??? I'm in the same boat.

Reply to
Mark Sandore

replying to Mark Sandore, Terry Farris wrote: Looks like the time period is up for that model. I have the same problem and can't even find a replacement the same size

Reply to
Terry Farris

Did you ever resolve this problem. I am in the same boat. Thermador offers little help. Would you know which side of the microwave has the power cord?

Reply to
Patricia G