Speaking of clamps

Woodpeckers has a sale on Bessey K-body Revo clamps.

I see between a 30~45% discount depending on the size of the clamp.

Note the clamps are sold in pairs and the pricing is for pairs.

Leon

Looks like HD has them for about the same.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

name sounds too fancy for a clamp makes me very suspicious

Reply to
Electric Comet

You obviously haven't ever used a K-body clamp. The older K-body clamps (pre-Revo) are excellent clamps. The new Revo clamps seem to have some nice capabilities, but I'm not sure they're worth twice the price (after the woodpecker discount) of the original or updated (with the tail hook) K-bodies.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

FYI, anything in the URL after the first question mark character is generally not part of the URL, but rather tracking information about the user who browsed to that URL (called query parameters).

is sufficient and doesn't expose your browsing information to the rest of the world.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like HD is simply lowering the price and not putting them on sale. AND while HD is a touch more expensive than the sale price on the small clamps they are also a touch cheaper on the big clamps. ;~)

MAYBE people have simply quit paying way too much for these style clamps and Bessey is having to lower them. I recall buying a 4 pack plus extender bars for about $130 a few years ago, that lately was around $200. Hopefully Jorgensen will follow suite with the Cabinet Masters.

Reply to
Leon

Ok, but it still take "me" to the correct place. Does that not work for you?

Ohhhhhhh. Gotcha. So does that only expose my browsing info for that site or some how every where I have been regardless of web site?

Reply to
Leon

Agreed. The new style K Body clamps do have a larger clamping surface so that appeals to me BUT the "tail hook" could be much much better. The closest competitors Jet and Jorgensen have movable feet which makes using a long clamp on a short work surface easier. If your work surface is shorter then the Bessey clamp it does no good at all.

Reply to
Leon

Usually it's an encoded version of the search query you used to get to that page. Generally appended by a site-specific search function (public search engines will use the referrer header which is standard vs. query parameters which are site specific).

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Interesting tip, Scott, thanks. Like "i" before "e" except after "c" it doesn't fly with a YouTube URL but still a great tip.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

The Bessey's are nice, agreed, but I could never bring meself to spend that amount of money they wanted for 'em.

Of course, all the bar clamps are now outrageously priced, too, it seems; glad I acquired the collection I did when and how I did and don't do enough work to require more any longer...

Reply to
dpb

dpb wrote in news:n1dpod$ste$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

The Bessey's have one huge advantage, which is that you can clamp things that aren't quite square, and two huge disadvantages, which are the cost and the fact that the sliding head won't stay where you put it.

I like to do a dry run on whatever I'm clamping, and I want the clamps to stay set whereever I've put them so all I need is a couple of turns of the handle when the real, "live glue" clamping is done. Can't do that with the Bessey's.

So I have two of them, for those rare occasions when I need to clamp something that's not square, and all the rest of my clamps are Jorgensens at 1/4 the price. Cheaper and work better, can't beat that.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

but it is still a clamp and those marketers got ahold and decided the needed a fancy name and therefore losing focus on the main intent

they may be good but i still get wary when a clamp is no longer called a clamp

Reply to
Electric Comet

Partial marketing, charge what the market will pay. They would be fool's to not try. They are in business to make money and probably doing quite well. Just like Festool, not for every one.

But it is called a clamp, Bessey K-Body clamp. The name is the brand, style clamp, and what it is. Just like Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps. Even the aluminum clamps you are looking at HF have a name other than "clamp".

Reply to
Leon

No need to be suspicious, they have been around and proven themselves long before you showed up.

Reply to
Leon

DO you believe all clamps are exactly the same? Aren't different names for different clamps useful? I really don't care what the name is, as long as it's useful to describe the widget.

Reply to
krw

Doesn't look like a sale to me. Those are close to normal prices. Around here they can be had for about $34 -38 a piece. So it's a minor sale.

Reply to
woodchucker

maybe so but i find the name funny and it is afterall just a clamp

i have looked at them in person they are nice but i had no intention of buying them

Reply to
Electric Comet

bessey kbody revo tail hook clamp

no idea what it means and i do not care as i will never buy them

shows loss of focus at the company on what matters

i have seen it first hand and ego is involved and given precedence over keeping product and market focus

Reply to
Electric Comet