New Line of Bessey Clamps

Careful there now!! You might like'm more.

And while your are looking around check out the Jet clamps too if you can get them.

Reply to
Leon

Has anyone seen any of the new Revo line of Bessey clamps out for sale yet?

I need some new clamps. Their's none of the old line in stock anywhere and the new line just isn't available yet. This has to be the most ill timed and poorly organized release of a new product line I've ever seen. Customers who would normally buy their products are forced to shop for something else to fill their need.

Guess I'll be buying some Cabinetmasters.

Reply to
Upscale

I am very fond of my Cabinetmasters. But, I'm also very impressed with Kwik Work clamps from Busy Bee Tools. $ 45.00 for a 50". They're worth a look.

Robatoy

Woodcraft still seems to have them.

Reply to
DGDevin

What's better or different about the Kwik clamps? $45 is not all that much cheaper than the 48" Cabinetmasters for $48 at Lee Valley although there isn't a 50" Cabinetmaster version. One advantage to the Cabinetmasters over the Besseys is that they have a 6" jaw. What jaw size are your Kwik clamps.

I've never been to a Busy Bee store because in the past I've dismissed them as a slightly second rate store, but I suppose I should stow my prejudice and at least go have a look.

Reply to
Upscale

Oops, the 50" are $ 49.95. I do not know the depth of the mouths.

also have the Bessey K body clamps at Busy Bee, and they carry Triton routers. Busy Bee does have a weird reputation, but for heavy iron at very good prices, the quality is supposed to be in the league of Grizzly.

Reply to
Robatoy

No Woodcraft in Canada. A number of stores like Lee Valley still list the Besseys but there's none in stock. I'm sure if I put in the requisite time and effort I could find some Besseys somewhere, but to me time and convenience are worth far more than a few dollars or a matching set of clamps.

I think I will try out the Cabinetmasters. They have a good reputation and the 1" extra jaw length is a bonus. At the very least, they don't appear to have an inept marketing department like Bessey Manufacturing.

Reply to
Upscale

I second the Jet parallel clamps. I really like the quick release feature, makes adjustments much faster. Good size handle, coarse thread means slightly faster to clamp. Large head like the Bessey.

Irwin recently came out with a line of parallel clamps. Bought a 30 inch. Likely similar to the Bessey's. Have to unscrew a certain amount before can slide open. Made me go out and buy more Jet clamps.

Dave Paine.

Reply to
Tyke

A majority of my clamps are Cabinet Masters if you can buy direct,

usually are pretty competitive in pricing. They often have sale pricing.

Reply to
Leon

I have both brands. I like the Cabinet Masters better.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Both Brands?

Cabinet master and Bessey

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote

I have Bessey and Jet. I haven't noticed enough difference to have a preference.

Max

Reply to
Max

Cabinet Master and Bessey. Both are good, but I prefer the Cabinet Master,

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

It looks like the CabinetMasters have a removable catch on the end. Can they also be used as spreaders?

Reply to
Scott Cox

Yeah the "catch" also holds the clamp up so that the handle end will slide on the bar with out having to lift the handle end up off the work surface. It is a pretty sturdy foot. It comes off and you can use the clamps as spreaders

Reply to
Leon