Speaking of clamps

Marketers know if they have 4/5 of the brands/styles of an item out there, they will get a higher percentage of sales, compared to competitors. That may also help explain seeing different "makes" of essentially the same cars, as well as the great number of types of cereal in your grocery store.

Reply to
Bill

You left out plastic, steel and aluminum. Jeez are you really this slow to catch on?

Good more for us. ;~)

And yet the clamp has been the gold standard for decades.

Again, ignorance and or lack of experience.

Reply to
Leon

If you have not used a K body type or others of similar type, you might be amazed at how easy they can make getting a nice square or flat glue up.

That said, there are many ways to achieve the same, but these do make it easier. But the price is weight. And if you are doing a light glue up, they may be a little too much. Again, there are many ways.. Even rubber, or wrapping.

nuff said.

Reply to
woodchucker

K-body is really all you need to know.

You obviously don't like good tools.

No, it shows how shallow you are.

I bet you have, first hand.

Reply to
krw

--------------------------------------------------- Nor much of anything else.

It would appear you choose to play the roll of basic s**t disturber rather than knowledgeable contributor.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Certainly not a knowledgeable contributor but certainly a disruptive student.

Reply to
Leon

they are definitely not worth the price no matter what they call them or what anyone says about them

Reply to
Electric Comet

have not used them my bar clamps do great tried and true

i a trying some new stretchy plastic wrap that i got recently it is amazing stuff

it was used in a shipment of some delicate electronics parts it is super stretchy and clear and i tried and could not break it i had never seen this before

Reply to
Electric Comet

you think you get what you pay for

my bar clamps do great and i get more than what i pay for

Reply to
Electric Comet

you obviously like over priced tools

too many meds today for you better check your prescrip i hear warfarin is often over prescribed maybe that is you

Reply to
Electric Comet

maybe in your mind but you have shown you buy over priced stuff what ever floats your boat some people just are not happy unless they spend more for stuff

bar clamps using black pipe will always be my gold standard

Reply to
Electric Comet

Actually k-body revo, that is the one on sale at the link I posted. Both clamping heads/pads move.

Reply to
Leon

This is true but in my case my tools help me make money and in that light are not over priced considering the contribution that they make.

Probably so.

Reply to
Leon

You are preaching to the choir. I used pipes clamps for about 5 years, then the aluminum clamps for about 15. Noe the k-body style clamps. I'll stay with the k body clamps for daily use.

Reply to
Leon

It is called stretch wrap. It is a HD version of Seran Wrap. I'm surprised your delicate electronics were not wrapped in bubble wrap.

Reply to
Leon

OK with that comment the Stupid tattoo on your forehead is visible to all. Trying to help you is a waste of time.

Reply to
Leon

I think that is the "cause of dispute". If person A uses them (the "nice clamps") daily, she gets the benefit of the extra features daily. If person B uses them 3 times a year, then she enjoys the benefit 3 times a year. Person A pays much less, per use, than Person B, and so may enjoy her ownership of the nicer clamps more so than Person B, even though both are using the same clamps (in this example).

Reply to
Bill

Are you talking about the sliding head moving when used vertically? If so, the Jet K-body style clamps will stay in place. In case you decide to buy that style in the future.

Jorgensen Cabinet Masters are not really less expensive than Bessey k-bodies. Apparently you are talking about F style or pipe clamps.

Reply to
Leon

And if it were called a "cramp", instead, would you still be wary?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The cause of dispute is simply trolling. EC has never contributed anything of value to this usenet newsgroup, aside from poor grammar and sentence construction.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal