Jet Parallel Clamps

So if you have not gotten a Rockler mailer, they will have their Jet parallel clamp kit on sale Friday after Thanksgiving through 11/30.

$119.99 for 2, 24" and 2, 31" clamps plus the blocks to hold them. This comes to about half price.

Anyway I may bite now that I have been informed that I could add softer pads to the faces. ;~)

On my current project I used my Cabinet Masters, Jet parallel clamps, and my Bessey Revo's.

I'm done with the Bessey Revo's, they are too crotchety, absolutely don't adjust as smoothly as the Cabinet Masters or the Jet's. AND their screw distance is short, I find myself using half the screw before they begin to tighten. I'll continue to use them but I probably will not buy any more. And while I'm ragging, their non adjustable foot on the end makes the clamps tough to use on surfaces shorter than the clamp.

Reply to
Leon

Are you talking about the Bessey® K Body® REVO clamps? Because they have a similar deal on them and I was going to bite because I assumed they were better clamps. Hmmm... maybe I'll hold off.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Mike the Bessey's are good clamps. So are the Cabinet Masters, so are the Jets. If you can compare them all side by side you will be able to tell which you prefer. All in all the Cabinet Masters are my favorite, I have no issue with them. I'm just being picky with the Bessey and Jet clamps.

Most people prefer the Jets as they offer a lot of bells and whistles and I suspect the users still use a piece of wood between the clamp and the work.

I learned long ago with the Cabinet Masters I don't need a block of wood to protect the surface of the project, same with the Bessey's. I will not use the Jets with out protection between the clamp and the work. That is a big deal when you are using 16 clamps at the same time and by yourself. But with a protective pad attached.....

FWIW the Jets and the Cabinet Masters have a life time warranty, the Bessey's may also but I have more broken parts on the Bessey's, One of the feet broke and the plastic on the heads does not do well when dropped on a concrete floor. That is absolutely not the clamps fault bit I have dropped my Cabinet Masters and the Jet's and they have no broken parts.

If you like the Bessey's try them out, They will not disappoint, they do what they are suppose to do.

Reply to
Leon

I have both Cabinet Masters and older K Bessey's. I like the Bessey's for weight, and ease of setup (weight again). I like the cabs because they are bigger and I believe they spread the load better. They also reverse easily, and have the moveable foot.

I use both.

Reply to
woodchucker

Don't forget to use those free shipping coupons that fill your mailbox this time of the year!

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

My 4 clamps came to total of $98. Free shipping with a $99 order.

I ordered an additional something for $1.28 to get shipping for 28 cents. ;~)

Reply to
Leon