Some people are really just plain stupid

Page 2 of 8
On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 07:20:36 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Did you think that before watching the 3 linked vids?

What, only NA? You haven't seen Europe lately.
--============================================-- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. --- http://diversify.com/handypouches.html ToolyRoo(tm) and Possum(tm) Handy Pouches NOW AVAILABLE!

Ooooo a French fatty with hairy legs, oh yaya!!
Robatoy wrote:

Nonsense. Hypocrisy gets a bum rap. After all, 90% of gynecologists are men.
Rusty wrote:

No it's not, it's a people thing. Special interest knows no political boundaries.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

http://fwd4.me/Ae2 Six minutes into the video, she sounds OK to me. That she was frowned upon by the Puffington Host is also a good sign.
-- We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution and the stuff of life itself. --Bret Stephens, WSJ 1/5/10
Swingman wrote:

Believe it or not, most of the people she deals with are above the average IQ. Here's why.
1. Almost all women have average IQs (90-110), yielding an average of 100. Theirs is not a bell curve so much as a horizontal line. 2. Men are pretty evenly distributed between 50 and 150, again yielding an average of 100. Men's intelligence curve is also pretty much a straight line but instead of horizontal, it's diagonal. Now very many of men below, say, 80 are locked up somewhere, so the one's she runs into are in the range of 80-150, or an average of 120 or so, significantly above average.
An interesting consequence of the above is that your average man (on the street) is smarter than your average woman.
On 1/7/2010 6:20 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Fail
... she sells women's handbags.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

or in public office...
--
Nonny

On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 18:20:35 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

Interesting, if true. I did a Google and every reference I could find says it's a bell curve. Would you please cite a reference supporting the straight line hypothesis. I'd like to read it.

On 1/8/2010 10:36 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Most IQ tests indeed rank results in a Gaussian Bell Curve with a standard deviation, depending on the test.
As with the maxim that "statistics lie and liars use statistics ..." you can certainly massage the rankings, by grouping the results by ethnicity, nationality, and other creative ways, ad infinitum to prove a point/agendize.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 17:41:00 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

I'm still looking for the cite of an article that says IQ distribution is a straight line - for men or women. You answered a question I didn't ask.

I think he was making an attempt at humour...
Either that or he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about...

Who says the two are mutually exclusive?
Larry Blanchard wrote:

I just quoted it: "Studies consistently ... "
This quote means that you find more men at the extremes of intelligence (and other endeavors) than women. I imagine men's intelligence is like an INVERTED (I'm exaggerating, but bear with me) bell curve - a lot of dummies and a lot of geniuses. The dummies end up in jails, the geniuses get Nobel Prizes (some recent examples notwithstanding).
The female race has very few idiots (compared to men) and very few geniuses.
In statistical parlance, the 1st standard deviation for women is HUGE.

Most of us also have more than the average number of legs, but it's still just sophistry.
Swingman wrote:
... snip

LOL! Dang it! Now I've gotta go find the windex.

Rob Leatham

Franken went to Harvard and graduated cum laude, so his IQ isn't in question. If you disagree with his politics, ethics or whatever else, that might allow you to call him stupid, but not question his IQ.
RicodJour wrote:

I don't think he did. I took it as the IQ of those that voted for him are very low. I'd sure as hell not vote for him and I have a fairly high IQ.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

Those brainy folks from Minnesota also voted in a former wrestler, Jesse Ventura, as governor.

He wasn't questioning *Franken's* intelligence, just the intelligence of the people that voted for him.