Saw Stop Update

I am about to wrap up my first paying job with the SawStop. The saw is performing above my expectations.

With use I will say that the saw was shipped without grossly excess protection against rust. A lot of woodworking equipment arrives looking like it was dipped in a vat of lard. The SawStop had a coating of oil under a plastic cover that required only 3 paper towels to clean including the last pass with acetone before applying the new Bostitch protectant. One more paper towel to take care of the over spray mist on the outer cabinet. Now having said this, had I missed a spot the saw dust would have stuck to it and that has not happened. So SawStop pays attention to those details too.

On a side note if you will recall I immediately mounted an HTC out feed roller from Seven Corners Hardware. It came in damaged and they had no more and would be getting no more.

Ordered and install the same from Grizzly and after installing I noticed that the left row of rollers was not in line with the center and right row. The roller frame was incorrectly welded. Not a big problem but it was not right. I contacted HTC and they referred me back to Grizzly. Grizzly immediately sent out another table unit and it was MUCH worse welded together than the first. I called HTC and demanded they do something as it appeared to be a QC Issue and replacement tables were problematic also. HTC requested pictures and were very receptive to the issue. I called Grizzly and informed them of the situation and told them that HTC was going to handle the problem and asked what should I do with the replacement unit. Answer, do what you like with it, we do not want it back. RIGHT ANSWER! Grizzly bent over backwards on this one.

Next day HTC calls me and has the replacement unit ready to go and am assured that it is as straight as I could expect. That unit arrived FedEx 3 days later and that unit is very well made, so I am happy.

Every one eventually stepped up to the plate and did their best to handle the problem.

Even with all the problems I have had, I would do it again for this out feed set up from HTC. I had the same out feed set up on my Jet cabinet saw and it was great with out need of readjustment for the 13 years that I owned that saw.

Reply to
Leon

I really enjoy hearing stories of great customer service like this. And to top it off, you have a collection of brand new spare parts for the outfeed table. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I agree with the lard comment. My 15" Griz spiral planner had a 1/4" thick covering on the spiral cutter assembly. I found this purple liquid grease r emover stuff in a gallon jug from Home Depot that works awesome. It is like water, no vocs smell but totally dissolves and grease\oil. If you get it o n your skin it dries it out like paper.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com