Small tool gloat I'd be willing to trade for. . .

Thursday at work I was approached by an acquaintence asking if I was a woodworker and, specifically, if I were into turning. I answered yes to the former but no to the latter. He explained that he had a couple turning tools that had arrived on his doorstep via UPS addressed to the previous occupant. He had tried to return them or forward them to the original buyer but had no luck in either case so he stashed them in the closet. Friday he brought them in and gave them to me (despite my assurance that I am not a turner). So, I have been gifted two scrapers that are of no use to me but could be of use to somebody on the Wreck and I'd be willing to make a trade that would be a good deal for both of us. Here's what I have:

Robert Sorby HSS (high speed steel) 3/4" box scraper, 16" overall length w/ 10" handle Robert Sorby HSS (high speed steel) 3/4" curved scraper, 16" overall length w/ 10" handle

Looking around in the catalogs, these seem to sell for around $30-35 each.

I'd be willing to trade these two tools for, say, a nice Japanese dovetail saw or something else in the $30-40 range.

E-mail me off list if you're interested and I can send pictures and we can make a deal that we can both gloat about. Ian

Reply to
Ian Dodd

The subject line got me thinking. If you had a small tool, would you gloat? Of course I'd be willing to trade my small tool for a bigger one.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski