plane trade gloat

I have several woodworkers in the underground basement where my shop is. one of the fellow has this bike with him and I offered more as a joke a plane trade for it. well he accepted. three planes. it is a fairly high end bike in the 2000.00 rage when new. I only need it right now for running around from my shop but the price was right.

Steve Knight

that a $250 bike won't?

Rich S.

Reply to
Rich Stern

Lighter weight, better gearing, smoother action, better braking....the list sort of goes on....

Reply to
Bob Gramza

Did you take the motor off of it??

Ted

Reply to
Bigpole

Do you drive a Yugo?

Digger

Reply to
Digger

Digger notes:

No, but IMO, whether the bike costs $250 or $2500, it's going to make your ass hurt, so what's the difference.

Charlie Self

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower, Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

Reply to
Charlie Self

it was cheep (G) well lets see it weighs only 18 pounds at most. it is very responsive. takes very little breaking effort to stop. and it feels good to ride.

Reply to
Steve Knight

well the motor stays in my back pocket.

guess I suck even more.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Steve,

Is your bike completely Campy? 25 years ago, I had a Bottechia with Campy deraileurs. Incredibly nice stuff with a price to match.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Chamberlain

Reply to
Ramsey

For the first quarter mile, on the flats, nothing. After the first climb the difference between a 30 pound bike and a 20 pound bike starts becoming apparent and should a cheap shifter through a chain when all your weight is on one peddle it'll be all to apparent. When your back starts aching because the bars and head set suck you'll start thinking upgrades.

And if you mountain bike or cyclo cross, titanium is nice.

Reply to
charlieb

What does a Unisaw do that a $100 Craftsman saw doesn't?

--randy

Reply to
Randy Chapman

Would you like to trade that cow for a few of these colorful beans?

-Jack "be nimble"

Reply to
JackD

Looks like I'd better work on my ability to convey sarcasm in ASCII.

Steve, I've got a nice Huffy ten speed for sale but I'll make you a deal. One pefectly good Huffy for three Knight infills. Waddaya say?

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike

For starters, you couldn't trade it for three of Steve's planes...

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

I'll trade you two 10-speed bikes (an Italian Bianchi men's and a unknown brand women's) for one plane. Or really for anything else if someone has something to offer.

-- Tim

-------- See my page @

(seriously needs updating)

Reply to
Tim V

You sound like us. I suppose most bikes sold to adults in the US suffer the same fate.

My problem is that there's just nowhere to *ride* the thing unless I drive there in a car, and if I have to drive my bicycle somewhere in a car, I might as well just drive the car and be done with it.

Reply to
Silvan

Well, a 250 vs 1000 is a big difference, after that results of extra expendature do not have the same bang for the buck. Now if you are an elite athlete it can matter. Most of us (me too) are not included in the elite case.

Wes

Anyone over 6% body fat should not be wasting money on titanium cycle accessories.

Reply to
clutch

Work.

Reply to