Man that japanese chisel is sharp.

I was making a cut on a plane with my fantastic sword steel chisel from Misugi designs. Been using it for a couple weeks since I sharpened it and it is still very sharp. I did this Tuesday when the piece popped off and my wrist rotated right into the chisel. Looks like it is closing up well but it can sure ache. Makes gripping things a pain. Be careful out there.

Steve Knight

calling me Frankenstein) Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Mark & Juanita

I have a band aid autographed by Roy Undrhill. If I send you a band aid, will you autograph it so I can start a collection?

:-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Getter better soon!

Reply to
Robatoy

If he pushed a chisel into his wrist, he's lucky that he wasn't hurt worse. Sounds like a bandaid may not be enough. Even a dull chisel is sharp and you can make a nice slice before you can react.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

if you want me to use it first you need to send one of those jumbo ones (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

I was freaking because of that. it bled like crazy then just stopped.

Reply to
Steve Knight

No value in that. He must have a million of them!

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Ouch! I hope you heal fast. Dave

Teamcasa

Hey Steve.. Would you buy the other less often used Japan woodworkers chisels again, would you save for the Misugi's one at a time?

Alan

Reply to
arw01

Yeah! C'mon back when you have a Underhill fingertip in a jar of formalin. THAT will be a limited edition item

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I know *I'd* be impressed.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in news:GBB5e.28288$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

A Wendy's chili joke here would be in really poor taste, wouldn't it?

Thought so.

Reply to
Patriarch

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:47:12 -0700, the inscrutable Steve Knight spake:

LJ--whose thumb skin is scabbing nicely this week. (9mm "tool")

Reply to
Larry Jaques

on 4/8/2005 4:09 PM Larry Jaques said the following:

Browning Hi-Power thumb web destroyer?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:32:39 GMT, the inscrutable Unquestionably Confused spake:

Something like that. The little P-11 bites my thumb knuckles before a single box is empty.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Kel-Tec? I've got one but it's never bitten me. The trigger pull has worn me out though.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 23:51:20 GMT, the inscrutable "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" spake:

The scab is 1/8" in diameter, more a nibble than a bite. But say what? You don't like a 4' long, 10.5 lb. pull? Gee, I wonder why. It's a good thing to have on a piece which doesn't have a safety.

Yeah, it fits my hand just low enough that the curve of the body is driven right into the top of the thumb knuckle each time it's fired. I have to remember to put on either gloves or bandaids before I go practicing at the range.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I love the white steel chisels. they must hold an edge twice as long. but the lower end Japanese chisels from Japan woodworker are fine. they just don't hold an edge as long as the high end chisels. but they are far better then most chisels out there. I am not talking the cheapest they sell but the white or blue steel lower priced ones.

Reply to
Steve Knight