Well done that man

you it looks like he has stolen the clamp.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

As the clampers normally clamp a front wheel would they have been trespassing to do it?

Tony

Reply to
TMC

In article , ARWadworth writes

LOL, that gives me an idea, grab a spanner & leave them the strut, hub and radius arm by the kerb. If you want it back on the road then get round the scrappy for a replacement, shouldn't be too expensive for a ratty fiesta.

NCP, what can I say, if there's easy money to be made from captive markets then they'll make it . . . .

Reply to
fred

But what if you then chained all these bits up that you have removed and ran the chain through the clamp. You have not pinched it. Charge NCP a fee for the removal of the chain.

I have only had the pleasure of the clamp once. I did not laugh that day.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Well I hope he gets done for no insurance as well as no tax. The damn thing shouldn't have been on the pavement even if it were taxed.

Reply to
dennis

By a whole 2 inches ? - he tried to conform with the spirit of the law, and made a minor error.

Would you be as indignant if you were in a car park, and got clamped for being a small amount over a marked bay ? What if you were prevented from parking fully within that bay by a.n.other's bad parking ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org...

He said 2 inches, they said half a car. Looking at the video I expect they were correct. They claim to have photographic evidence.

Poor driving, its inconsiderate for the driver next door.

So he needs clamping, why do you want to make it two wrongs?

Reply to
dennis

It may be poor driving, but does it deserve a fine, maybe of a couple of hundred pounds?

I used to work with a bloke who got 3 points and a fine for his bumper overhanging the zigzags by a crossing by just over an inch.

Reply to
PCPaul

So how much should one be allowed to break a law before it is wrong?

Reply to
dennis

There's blatant ignorance, and there's trying to stick to the spirit of the law.

Doing 31mph in a 30mph zone might strictly be an offence, but i'm all for latitude in these things, rather than automated criminalisation (I have no points on my licence, so i'm not coming at this from an "I shouldn't have been done" stance :-} )

Reply to
Colin Wilson

In message , "dennis@home" writes

I've seen the photo - it's about 9" to a foot over the line

definitely a case of the difference between the spirit of the law and strict observance therof

It's not a case of trying to get away with anything, just lazy parking. Compare it with pikey joe driving around with no insurance and a guinness label for a tax disk

get real

Reply to
geoff

In message , "dennis@home" writes

You fail to understand the difference between spirit of the law and pedantic application therof, it seems

Reply to
geoff

The *wheel* was on the pavement. Therefore quite a bit of the car too, I'd guess.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Small wheels then? The wheel was supposed to be on the pavement so they could attach the clamp.

That may or may not be true, for all you and I know he might be running a car business like they do in places around here.

What has someone else committing a crime got to do with it? "I thought it was OK to kill him, someone else shoot someone last week and hasn't been caught yet"

Why, you aren't.

Reply to
dennis

Maxie, it is case of a quick buck by sharks. Pikey Joe should be locked up, but he is not an easy pick.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I agree with everything you've said.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If the car was parked on his drive, with a little of the car on the pavement, why were the NCP involved at all?

I wish they would fine drivers around where I live for parking on the pavement. I'm fed up with having to walk my small children on the road when taking them to school.

Reply to
Mark

The road at the end of this one is a sort of minor main road. Ie something busier than a normal urban side road. Residents often parked half on the pavement - and often got 'tickets' for doing so. Then the council introduced resident's parking. And marked out the bays half on the pavement - exactly where people used to park illegally...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Makes you wonder if dennis' employer provides him with a peaked cap as a part of his job ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I wish they'd do it in our street. Pedestrians are forced onto the road.

It's not as if there weren't drives for people to park in - there's no need for parking bays.

There's a 20mph speed limit on the road but very few people observe it. I suppopse that's excusable too - by some.

There's a nursery at the bottom of the street so people with prams and people with toddlers have to walk on the road. Many years ago (about forty) one of our sons was hit by a car at the bottom of the street and spent quite a long time in hospital - that was when there was far less traffic.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher