Well done that man

Mark wrote in

And it makes it so dangerous for the cyclists.

Reply to
PeterMcC

Have you complained about it? Nothing gets done unless you do.

Reply to
dennis

I've had points and I deserved what I got.

Why should there be any latitude? If people know it's safe to do a few mph over the limit then they will, making the limit ineffective. We might just as awell say the limit is 34mph with no latitude.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I've complained to councillors, the police, Highways, our MP - nothing gets done.

If there IS room to walk past the car on the pavement I've sometimes bruised my arm when it's hit the wing mirror - I believe those are quite expensive to replace ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The owner had declared SORN -(statuary off road notice) to avoid paying the VED. But the car was not off road.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes.

And if you do complain nothing gets done about it either.

Reply to
Mark

Tsk, talk about waste...a whole new arm just 'cos the old one's a bit bruised?

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

It would be a shame if it got scratched by a pushchair or wheelchair passing, wouldn't it?

Reply to
Mark

The vicar's wife said the same, as she started up the street to take her children to school on the first day of term - pushing a large buggy with her youngest in it.

Our only wheelchair user had to travel on the road.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

One of Boris Johnson's manifesto pledges was a zero tolerance towards crime. William Hague IIRC used to go on about common sense and where did that get him?

Reply to
Tony Bryer

As speed limits are set in 10mph increments, there's a 50% chance that

34mph is a safe speed.
Reply to
Tony Bryer

The back wheels are on the pavement now. I wonder if they were there before it was chopped in half.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

In message , "dennis@home" writes

It was actually parked in a bay off the road, but overhung a bit

according to him, the back bumper was overhanging, but the photo I saw showed that the nearside rear wheel was outside the parking bay

"Ian Taylor, 40, of Tredworth, said: "I bought the car for my stepson to do up but it was below economical to do it so it has been parked on the drive for months.

"I have a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) certificate and it has never been driven on the roads"

I'm trying to get a bit of a sense of perspective into it

Reply to
geoff

In message , PeterMcC writes

What cyclists ?

They all ride on the pavement around here

Reply to
geoff

Yes it was. It was in a bay off the road ... with the nearside wheel outside the box

I've been looking for the photo presented by NCP, but can't find it anymore

Reply to
geoff

But it is parked on them. No tax and no insurance.

Reply to
dennis

So it wasn't off road.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Look eejit

Watch the video

and learn - it's on the pavement, you can see the kerb 'n all

just get a clue

Reply to
geoff

Do you need insurance to leave a car on the road? Tax and MOT are a must but what about insurance if you do not drive the car.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Isn't it amazing how its always stupid people like you that accuse others of being stupid. Lets just take what you said apart so even you know you are stupid and finish this..

one: the video is post event so you can't tell if it was on the *road* when it happened. two: it is on the *road* in the video three: the *road* includes the public pavement for car tax and insurance, etc laws. four: you are stupid. five: you are stupid. Now do you understand? That is rhetorical by the way as you are so stupid that you don't understand even now.

Reply to
dennis