Sliding table gloat!

Page 2 of 3
Then I apologize for starting this whole sub-thread, Rob. This time with no "buts" or anything. Congrats on your table!
Clint

Oh yeah, I also apologize for accusing you of gloating about being dishonest/stealing. :) As well as taking over your thread!
Clint

items.
any
the

It's nice to see apologies aired in the same public view as the original misunderstandings. Hats off to you, Clint. May your tribe increase.
-- Mark
Good Lord, no! What kind of a slam is that? May your tribe increase...
:) My two kids are plenty already, and Christmas over at the in-laws is nuts as well. I'm done propagating, and if my tribe increases again, my wife will have a little explaining to do.
Clint

LOL! No offense intended!
My understanding is the blessing "May your tribe increase" applies to all succeeding generations and their prosperity. It doesn't necessarily mean you have to change any more diapers!
My eldest is graduating from Army basic training next week. The other is a junior in high school. I've done my part; I don't think I have the energy to raise any more from 0-20!
I figured out a few years ago why only fairly young people have children, and they're fairly old by the time the kids are grown. <g> An explosion in my daughter's room could only result in the room being neater... ;-)
-- Mark

After my eldest son was born he had colic. If he was held at 44.6 degrees incline he was ok. At 44.5 and lower or 44.7 and higher he screamed his tiny lungs out. I still recall one night that I stayed up all night keeping him at 44.6 degrees. Contemporary photos, showing the shadows under my eyes, validate the experience.
This is a survivable activity for a father in his 20's. I'm now in my mid 40's and I think I'd die if I had to do that for more than a couple nights back to back ... ;-)
-- Mark
"Mark Jerde" wrote in message <snip>

Quitcherbitchin' ... my youngest was born when I was 42. She's now 18, I'm 'guess what' and it ain't over yet. In my supposed "quiet, reflective, (woodworking?)" years it's time to pay for (*&*U$76 college .... again!
Actually, she's a joy to me. Beautiful, kind, considerate, 4.0 gpr, with an old fashioned bent and NONE of the cultural trappings/problems/angst of modern youth ... I'd do it again in a heartbeat, as I am sure you would. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/12/04
|Next you'll be telling us the best meal you ever got in your |life was from Denny's.
It's possible :-) Read of my experience with an "upscale" Tucson restaurant:
http://www.tucsonweekly.com/gbase/opinion/Content?oid=oid:44129

a click on that link.... the comment right above yours was from my friend Jeff. small world.     Bridger

Hmmm... you sound like a guy who never did shift work and got off when the only place open for "dinner" was Chez Waffel. After a few meals involving their infamous LaserCut<tm> bacon and only-went-outta-date- yesterday pancake batter, Denny's would be a huge step up the old culinary ladder.
Michael Waffle House. It's not just not for breakfast anymore... :)

I see you're catching from flack for this. I'm more torn - as I think you were the recipient of someone else's mistake, and I personally *might* have asked them to double check their math. Maybe, might-of, don't know.
What bother's me is that buying a DJ-20 for $100 from some guy is considered a real gloat. My notion of what's proper/right/ethical/moral tells me that both actions are improper and taking advantage of someone.
Net/net - as someone else put it - you live by your values and I'll live by mine.
mttt wrote:

Though in the case of the "hunnert dollar jointer" the circumstances were quite different.
The seller approached the buyer.
The seller knew what he paid for it.
The seller solicited a bid from the buyer.
The seller accepted the bid.
Sounds to me like two adult males making an exchange of something the other had for what the other wanted. In other words, a whole nutter kettle of fish.
Now, had the seller been a "widder woman" and the above reversed...
UA100
brought forth from the murky depths:

You forgot the "used and broken/cracked" part, mttt.

You forgot the part about the buyer telling the seller he didn't want to insult him and the seller saying "DO!", Keef.

Nary a defect in the honorable exchange.

It would have been fair game/more fun? <evil grinne>
------------------------------------------------------------------ Vote early, Vote often, Vote for Chad! http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website & Database Development
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:50:55 GMT, Larry Jaques

<snip>
From the Anti-FAQ just as a reminder:
1.12 IS THIS A GLOAT? It's a gloat only if you cheat a poor old widder lady out of her rightful inheritance or if you rip off a store by taking advantage of the dumb manager/clerk/cashier's stupidity. Nothing else qualifies, not even Bessey clamps obtained at Sears, regardless of their length.
Luigi Note the new email address. Please adjust your krillfiles (tmAD) accordingly Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Nope...
No - Lord knows I'm done with this after this thread. And Lord knows I have no idea what the guy was thinking selling a $1300 tool, albeit with a "crack" for a hunnert bux...
Am I my brother's keeper? Yeah, dammit I am...
I wasn't there, but I imagine I might have looked to see if the electrode burn marks were still on his temples, or some other rationale for the price. Was he picking the Orange Cockroaches off his shirt and throwing them on the Pink Elephant???
Maybe, (or maybe I'd like to think that) I'd of asked him "Dude, do you have a frickin' clue what this is worth?" Criminy - had you paid $200, or $500 bux you'd still have a gloat.

Yes, yes, yes. No widow involved. Maybe.
Am I my brother's keeper? Dammit, I'm supposed to be!
wrote: [snip]

[snip]
[snip]
Amen, brother. Good post.
To all my sanctimonious, self-righteous, judgmental "brethren" I pose the following questions. "Am I my brother's keeper?" was a question posed by Cain to God. What was God's answer to that direct question? There wasn't one...
Now, blow the dust off your bible and turn to Matthew 13: 44 and read the parable of the man who found a treasure in the field. He found it then HID IT again...then he went and bought the field... with great joy I might add. This parable was used to illustrate the wisdom of the man...not how he took advantage of the owner of the field.
Now that being said.....forgive me for gloating (boasting) on my actions. I know better.
And finally, as long as we are quoting scripture how about the one that goes "judge not lest ye be judged yourself"?

add.
took
goes
I have a certain respect for a guy that will take it to the opposition of their ground. That said, I'd like to mention that that was a legitimate purchase and yes, Virginia - you do suck:)