is this Gloat worthy?

At a local auction I saw a pallet with a rotary phase converter and two boxes of misc woodworking equipment. The winning bid was over $500 and I figured he was after the phase converter so I dickered with him and bought the two boxes for $70.00. As he was picking up the phase converter and I was getting the boxes loaded into my truck another guy asked if I would sell the jointer knives that went with the Oliver 13" jointer that he bought. Sure I said what will you give me? We settled on $60.00 so for $10.00 I was left with the following stuff: 3 King water stones, 600, 1200 and 6000. all new in boxes, a two cherries burnisher and several scrapers, three machinst vices, one of which was a cross slide and one that pivoted, several packages of sandpaper, two Organizers full of misc hardware and at the bottom of the box a BridgeCity tool works 24" straight edge. I believe I got my monies worth one any one item. Best thing was all three of us left the auction happy.

Reply to
brandom11

That one qualifies for a gloat and a half...well done!

Sheesh, did you buy a lottery ticket too?

Mekon

Reply to
Mekon

For it to be a *real* gloat, you needed to sell the knives for $75.

But this is definitely a 'large, industrial strength' neener.

And, as such, it does rate a "you suc ".

Congrats. particularly as regards the last line of your post. Well done!

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Verily. Thou sucketh.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

Nice when it happens. Sometimes it backfires. My wife wanted some sewing material and the bid went much higher than I'd have thought. I didn't embarass her though. What did turn my crank afterwards though was the fact that she then *gave* the basket [she was interested only in the contents], before I got there, to the woman who had been bidding for it; the reason the bid went so high. From now on I do the bidding.

Reply to
Guess who