Gloat

I just received my new Knight Coffin Smoother in Purpleheart with a 50 deg angle. The gloat is that this plane is one of the ones Steve offered for 1/2 price a while back. This is ONE AWESOME looking plane. I can't wait to run it past some Bird's-eye maple once is acclimatizes. THANKS STEVE!!

Ed G

Reply to
Ed G

Oooo...I hate you (but congrats anyway)!!

Steve, you got anymore of those 1/2 price purpleheart smoothing planes??

:)

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I received my padauk razee jack plane from steve a few weeks ago, with the ebony inlay. I was responding to the 1/2 price offer, too, but couldn't bring myself to screw him out of his money, so just took $30 off, so I think I still got a gloat. Together with the padauk smoother I purchased earlier (before the inlay idea was upon us, darn it, they don't match exactly) they make for some wonderful planing. I also bought the shoulder plane set he sells, but haven't used them yet.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

a hour or two? I spent 3 minutes (G) another 3 minutes and the blade would be perfect. you need to come to my shop and I will get you speeded up. lets see 20 irons a week to start with (G)

cool Now I feel all warm inside. well it could be it is 87 in here (G)

it was a really good trade. I use the jigs on almost every plane. the only change I could see was a deeper body with more relief for shavings. I used your idea and made a tote drilling jig. I found the jorgenson clamp kits so I did not have to tear a clamp apart.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Glad to here it Steve. Do you think we should tell the others the secret of the guides or keep it to ourselves? ;-) I suppose I could post photos if anyone was interested. ARM

Reply to
Alan McClure

Ya its a bit secret (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

Well ok, but;

_____________________ (_(_)_____(_)_____(_)_)

Anything remotely like this? :O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

I would post a pic if I could find one.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Steve - are ya in yer new shop yet?

Mark from Pasadena, MD

Steve Knight wrote:

Reply to
Mark

Thomas Mitchell asks:

Great gloat. Coons are a sign of garbage all over the driveway most of the time.

Charlie Self

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe." Dan Quayle

Reply to
Charlie Self

Well I sort of thought that coons were nocturnal and stayed away from people. Maybe not the trash cans, but people in general.

We vacati>>Great gloat. Coons are a sign of garbage all over the driveway most of the >>time. > >

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell

Reply to
Beej-in-GA

How do you know this?

Reply to
Bob Schmall

The Great Wreck Coon Gloat.... for historical purpose of course. Should this go in the FAQ with the other fish stories ....uhhh I mean tool tips?

Reply to
solarman

What are coons a sign of... free walnut?

Reply to
John

'Cause if you have raccoons around, chances are they just rifled through your garbage and left the remains of it all over your driveway. Nature of the critter.

Reply to
Silvan

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell

It's pretty much endemic all across North America. Not common, you understand, but widespread.

Doug Miller