Plane Gloat!

Steve Knight was having a huge sale, so I bought want of those Ebony smoothing planes for basically the cost of the ebony. It was unheard of bargin! But I have to say that it's not only one of the nicest tooking planes but also one of the best performing planes I have seen. I've used an L-N smoother, and this holds up very well compared to it. In fact, I think it might even perform better. It came pretty much ready to go the iron was sharp etc. It needed some adjustment but once I adjusted it I was able to take a cotton like, waffer thin shaving from maple, oak, pine, and purple heart. It left a glassy smooth finish on all these woods. It's an extremely well build plane, and once you know how to adjust them they are exceptional tools. Steve should be thanked greatly for producing these. I Highly recommend his tools you should all by some =).

Reply to
Sam