Sliding Miter Saw Table

I ahve a 12" DeWalt Sliding miter saw and I need a portable table (as in moveable, not small) for it.

I've seen Norm's at

just don't want to spend the money for the plans....

Does anyone know the approximate dimensions of this table?

Judging by the photo of it with Norm (found in Norm's Album), I'd guess it is about 3 feet tall, and about 6 feet long w/o the "wings". I don't know if the "wings" retract or come off or what....

Does his table include some way to fine adjust or is it once it's built it stays?

On a related topic, how 'bout the miter saw accessories at

?

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Found one in Shop Notes #11, can be purchased at

not quite what I want be getting close....

Reply to
Never Enough Money

"Never Enough Money" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Mine lives on top of a rollabout Craftsman mechanic's tool cabinet, when it's not on the Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle.

That's the most reliable Craftsman tool I've ever owned. My wife bought it for me for Christmas 6 or 7 years ago, a total surprise.

Patriarch, welcoming NEM back to the land of the unplonked. I have no idea what I did to my filters to screen you out, or why the changes brought you back, but there you are. It wasn't intentional.

Reply to
Patriarch

That's a clever idea... but.. what do you do for the extentions?

Reply to
Never Enough Money

"Never Enough Money" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Roller stands, when I need them. The CMS gets used for pretty short stock in most of what I do on a regular basis. The MSUV gets set up in the driveway when I'm doing base or trim for the house. It has built-in long stock support, but is too large for my two bay garage with too many tools.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Well now that idea may have given my roll around tool cabinet a reprieve. Currently the top collects junk and the drawer storage doesn't justify the floor space in my shop so I've been emptying it for sale. Move the CMS to the roll around cabinet top ... free up the 5' bench top it now occupies and add fold down 'wings' for the occasional long boards

Reply to
joey