Miter Saw Blade versus Sliding Miter Saw Blade?

I bought, over the Internet, a new 12" Freud blade to replace my Dewalt. Dewalt ought to be ashamed of themselves; the blade didn't cut properly when it was brand new, but that is off topic for today.
The Freud blade says it is for sliding miter saws. I have a non-slider (stationary?). Does it make a difference? I can't see why a slider would require a special blade, but what do I know.

your saw will explode.
I would assume the difference is thet the "slide" blade has a less agressive hook, to make it less grabby.
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:12:44 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@all.costs wrote:

Exactly, according to literature from blade makers.
--
Art Greenberg
artg AT remove-this-bit eclipse DOT net

I installed it and it cuts just fine. Sure is better than that Dewalt POS. Purely out of curiosity, since the blade is fine, what would a more aggresive hook do? Cut faster, smoother, or what?

When I bought my 12" DeWalt I figured I'd get a better blade for it before long. I used it for a flooring project and it was adequate. Then I let a friend use it for a laminate floor knowing it would trash the blade and I'd get a new one anyway.. I decided to send a couple of blades (one a Freud that I liked) for sharpening and figured for $15 I'd get the DeWalt done at the same time.
The DeWalt is cutting better than new and I have no desire to get a better blade now.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Most of my blades come back cutting better than new. One of the better values in woodworking.
I use the DW 80T finish blade most frequently in the 12" DeWalt CMS.
Patriarch

clear chips a bit better. it will also tend to cut faster, thus dig in a bit more and want to self feed. on a slide saw, that's a bad thing.

POS.
Don't know which DeWalt blade you had on your saw toller, but I have one on both my table saw and on my miter saw. Not for any special reason, just because. Both cut just fine. I've had lots of other blades before and I don't see any problem with these DeWalt blades. Don't sell them short just because of this one experience.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
toller wrote:

IIFR the compound mitre saw blade should have a slightly negative hook angle, perhaps -5 to -10 degrees.