Sliding miter saw

I am giving my very small workshop a "sprucing up" this weekend. Part of the spruce up is putting in a miter table. right now I use a 10" single bevel miter saw that is ok but that's it -- ok.

I am looking at the Dewalt 8 1/2" slider. Since I don't hardly ever play with construction lumber I am thinking this will give capacity that 1) I haven't had becasue of the slide and 2) is more in line with the size of material I typically work with. And besides -- I have a few bucks for the sprucing and this seems like a good time for a new toy to play with.

I'm looking for recommendations or thoughts based on experience for the smaller sliding miter saws. Going from a 10" single bevelto slider seems good to me but wanted to hear from someone who has been using the smaller sliders.

Any thoughts on the small sliders?

Thanks a bunch. Thom

Reply to
Thom

I have a 7 1/2" slider. Works like a charm for me except, if I could get a 10" slider, I would be able to crosscut wider/thicker boards. Other than this one little fact, I would not want to be without one. An 8 1/2 would be a step up for me.

P D Q "Thom" wrote in message news:o_I5i.26$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe02.lga... I am giving my very small workshop a "sprucing up" this weekend. Part of the spruce up is putting in a miter table. right now I use a 10" single bevel miter saw that is ok but that's it

Reply to
PDQ