houston hardwood

Just curious, I would like to know where you folks, in Houston, feel is the best place is to buy hardwood?

I have shopped at Clark's hardwood (formally Hardwoods of Houston) and Houston Hardwoods. I am much more impressed with the latter.

I live in Montgomery Texas and work in SW Houston, so I pretty much cover the west and north of Houston.

Reply to
ron

Houston Hardwoods is on 34 th street in the Heights. Clark Hardwood Lumber Co is on 5 1/2 Street in the Heights. They are both good sources of lumber and they are both in business. I buy from both of them. Clark Hardwood has a greater selection. Houston Hardwoods has an excellent selection. You can pick through the stacks at either place.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Mostly Mason's Mill & Lumber on Tanner about a half mile east of North Gessner. But that's as much because I live near Beltway 8 and 290.

Reply to
NuWaveDave

Clark's Hardwood Lumber

700 E 5 1/2 St, 77270 713/862 6628 Richard Thurman 713-862-5673

Mason's Mill & Lumber Co.

9885 Tanner Road Houston, TX 77041

Houston Hardwood

4910 W. 34th 713-686-6176

I buy mostly from Clark's ... be sure to check out Bldg 6 (rough hardwoods) and take a pass through Bldg 5, although it is supposedly for employee's only, you may be amazed at what you find there!

Reply to
Swingman

Clarks, and Hardwood PRODUCTS. Hardwood Products is considerably cheaper but does not have as extensive of a selection as Clarks. Clarks lumber is ultimately better material. For Plywood Hardwood products gets my money and for lumber it depends on the profit margin of the job. Hardwood Products is on the West Belt south bound between just past Hammerly. They are in a large brown building that is kind of hidden behind a smaller building that looks like a house.

Reply to
Leon