Shear cut Router Bits??

Grizzly has two sets of roundover bits, one has 4 bits and is $29. The other has the same 4 bits plus 2 trim bits for $25 but says they are shear cut. As far as I can tell that's the only difference. I already ordered the 6pc set but what is shear cut? Is it better/ worse/ different?

BTW: Unisaw is showing up today and Grizzly H1018HW (8" jointer) is coming on Friday. Called the trucking company and they're sending a lift gate truck at no charge. Now if I can just get help drgging it in the garage and down to the basement. I guess I'm going to owe a few favors to a few friends.

Thanks

Reply to
Ron

IIRC a shear cut bit is vaguely similar to a spiral bit in that the cutting edge is at a slight angle along it's length and shears the material away rather than the edge cutting the material at a 90 degree angle and chopping the wood all at once along the cutting edge.

Reply to
Leon