Router bits

I'm working on a piece on router bits. Somewhere, I seem to recall seeing a "new" router bit that took inserts similar to those used with shaper cutter heads. IIRC, it was similar to rosette cutters, and had a very limited choice of inserts, though new ones could be ground, as in shaper cutters. I am not interested in changing bearings, changeable stile and rail sets and similar things, but in router bits that take mild steel or carbide tipped inserts to completely change profiles.

Anyone else recall this, or have I finally gone round the bend?

Charlie Self

I think you're thinking of...

Roy Smith

Charlie, you might try Amana and Jesada at these addresses:

click to see their paper catalog and go to page 34 (at the bottom).

TW

Reply to
TinWoodsmn

Fantastic. Along with Roy's reminder, I'm all set. Unless someone comes up with more.

Thanks, guys.

Charlie Self

IIRC Along with Amana, Jesada was also offering the bits with changeable profiles.

Reply to
Leon

Oups...Just now realized that

points to Jesada..

Reply to
Leon

CMT just announced same type router bits with changeable cutters.

Reply to
JLucas ILS

can't lay hands on it right now, but I believe the 'pricecutter.com' catalog I got a couple of months ago had one of these in it.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi