Grizzly Router Bits

Hi - I'm thinking about buying a 3 pcs.raised panel set from Grizzly for $60. Wondering if they are any good. I have some Katana and Whiteside bits and like the way they cut. Anyone know if the shear angle on the Grizzly's is anything like the higher priced sets?

Thanks Jeff

Reply to
skiea3b

I have found the ball bearings on Grizzly bearings do not hold up in use. Also some bits are great, some bad even if they are the same profile.

While I like the source for an inexpensive bit, I have returned to Whiteside exclusively.

Reply to
Rumpty

The only Grizzly router bits i have are a roundover set I got free with an online order of machinery. They work fine, I usually only buy Amana and Whiteside. mike

Reply to
mike

You most always get what you pay for. I have some MLCS shaper & router bits which are probably in the Grizzly class. They are good for general use, but not heavy use.

Some of the Bosch bits I bought years ago are still excellent and worth the premium price I paid at the time.

I guess it depends how many cabinet doors you intend to make. If it's a dozen or two, the cheaper bits will serve.

Also, composites (i.e. MDF) really take a toll on cheaper carbide.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

I've bought quite a few Grizzley buts over the years and find they are mediocre, for the most part.

For a real comparison, get the same bit from Grizzley and Whiteside and take a few cuts with both. I found the difference to be outstanding. . .in favor of the Whiteside.

I find Amana bits to be a significant step above Grizzley, almost but not quite as good as Whiteside.

As for me, I've stopped buying Grizzley and only buy the other two.

YMMV

Pixmaker in FLL ========================== It's not the heat, it's the humidity! ========================== (...Think the humidity's bad? You should watch us vote!)

Reply to
Pixmaker