Sears Portalign Tool?

Can anyone out there sell me a Sears Portalign Tool. The company that made them was out of San Diego, CA, but they are out of business now. The Portalign tool is a prcision drill alignment tool for 3/8" drills.
Thanks in advance

Friends don't let friends buy Portaligns.

There's a good reason for that...

I suppose it might be, if you have a *really* creative understanding of "precision".
I bought one about 25 years ago because I got taken in by the same "precision alignment" advertising hype. It's a piece of crap. You're *way* better off buying a cheap drill press.
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:41:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Hey, Doug....
while the portalign and it's clones are no substitute for a drill press, they aren't without usefulness. there are lots of hole drilling jobs where what is needed is slightly better accuracy than <I> can get by hand and eye alone and/or enough repetitive layouts to do that stops on the base make sense and/or workpieces that are too big to fit in the drill press that the cheezy thing ends up being pretty useful. that said, mine sits in a drawer most of the time.
and for the OP, try ebay.     Bridger

Get it off eBay. They're worthless and tons of them are for sale by folks. What are you planning on doing with it? I've found that it's useful for drilling holes outside, like on a contruction project or something, but if you don't need to be able to carry it with one hand just get a cheap drill press.
GTO(John)
Go to HD and buy the General Tools version for around $39
John
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:13:08 -0700, "Cyberosity!"

I've never used the portalign, but the $27 crafstman drill guide (Sears item #00967173000 )they are selling isn't too bad. I have one and like it pretty well. Here are my caveats:
1. Expect some profanity to eminate from your mouth while setting it up 2. Don't trust the angle guide. Use layout tools to determine your angles 3. You may want to replace the included depth stop with something a bit sturdier (Although I use the stock one) 4. You can't use the springs and the depth stop together. This is pretty annoying. 5. No keyless chuck :(
Other than that it works pretty well. Comes in handy over a drill press when working with sheet goods. I'd also recommend dedicating a drill to the guide rather than switching out.
Jay