Sawstop requisiat en pace

Page 1 of 2
Anybody get the idea we've beat this topic to death?
Did anyone change their opinion?
We've all had a good rant, how about moving on?

On 10/10/11 12:20 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Or you could simply stop reading it. Worked for me.
--

-MIKE-

It's called a killfile, Larry. Why not use one rather than start ANOTHER freaking thread about the SawStop?
--
Woodworking and more at <http://www.woodenwabbits.com

I just sprayed my screen!

If you would have been using a SprayStop MonitorT, that tragedy could have been avoided.
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:16:19 -0700, "Dan Grebinski"

That or a big and a gag.
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:13:04 -0700, Larry Jaques

Hey, who changed my text? Supposed to be "a bib and a gag."
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson

Guess you should have invested in a MonitorSprayStop. Now it's too late and you're going to suffer for life with this embarrassment. :)
Larry Blanchard wrote:

There are many good, logical, and heartfelt reasons for both sides of the argument. By my last count, there were 63 opposed and 48 in favor. As soon as I finish the tabulation, I'll post the summaries here so we can winnow out the good from the merely preferable.
Participation will be encouraged.

Then we can start on the Radial Arm saws and whether they need SawStop?
Max

Oh, they should be banned outright. It's for the children!

Not to worry.
Radial arms saws have already been demonized. They are politically incorrect. Anybody who uses them or admits liking them is immediately publically shamed and ridiculed.
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:49:01 -0400, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

I have one, but it hasn't been used in at least 18 years. I just got the "safety kit" for it, so I'll probably put it back together some time in the next 20. ;-)
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote in message

"Shame On Me"
Max

I'm thinkin' we need government control of box knives.
I cut myself with one once.
RonB

I had to laugh at that. The only shop injury I've ever incurred was when I was cutting a plastic panel (with a "box knife") to install in a skylight. Put a nasty gash in my thumb. That was 25 years ago. And under the influence of 3 Michelobs.
Max

I was finishing up a custom snap-in grid for a Pella patio door, the photographer set to arrive the next morning to take pictures for a contest entry the next morning, and about 3am I filleted my thumb with a razor knife. "Oh shit", says I, and slapped a strip of paper towel and some masking tape on it, and finished the job. Didn't get any ligaments, but I still have a semi-numb area on the back of my thumb.
I wish I healed now as quickly as I did then.

I second the motion ...
--
Best regards
Han

I think the thing that really made me think of the box knife was a neighbor from years ago. He was a foreman, and part owner, of an up and coming small business in the Wichita area. He was cutting some stock with a box knife and straight-edge and it slipped and nearly cut his thumb off. He had surgery and ran around in a brace and sling for weeks and finally got all of the apparatus taken off.
A week later - repeat performance.
This time the company president told him sharp instruments were off- limits for him if he wanted to continue to be a partner. Their insurance rates wouldn't tolerate any more.
I did nick myself pretty good with a box knife years ago; but every time I get lined up to do a deep cut I think of Randy. He has probably save dme from injury more times than he can imagine.
RonB
"Max" wrote:

I don't have any scars or numbness but I have a vivid memory of the event that gives me flashbacks every time I pick up a razor knife.
Max