Beat to death...

I forgot to post this:

Ramsey

thanks. The biggest regret about not getting a bies is now about to be solved.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

In my opinion, they are equal. With the T-Track, I MUCH prefer the Unifence(w/T-Track) over the Bies. To me, it much more versitile and lighter.

Reply to
Ramsey

When I was shopping for 6" jointers a couple of weeks back, I asked the question, point blank, to a local Delta dealer the other day and all he could/would say is that they are the "exact same" tools, but with a five year warranty. Why do I have hard time believing that?

Has anyone seen the "fine print" of the warranty?

Reply to
Swingman

Are you a cynic? You don't believe your local Delta dealer when he says the X5's are the same? The Unisaw's still built stateside. Looks the same. Do you think they are using a pair of gerbils for a motor now? Supposedly the new bandsaw has several worthwhile improvements. Enough in fact for me to reconsider purchasing another one, after the fiasco with the 28-299A.

dave

Sw> When I was shopping for 6" jointers a couple of weeks back, I asked the

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

For more time and less $$$, you can easily make your own:

I should note...this adds quite a few pounds to the fence!

Reply to
Chris Merrill