Re: STUPID finishing blunder

Big mistake in topcoating with paste wax..

Definitely would have used KY or some other similar water based lubricant!!

Reply to
Mzone719

LMAO!

I think not before, but maybe after the race...

Reply to
Silvan

We have a rental track that I've put a "pace car" into the kit to prevent an empty lane during the races. The pace car is just the bare kit, sharpie-enscribed "Ofishul Pace Car" (misspelling intentional), sanding sealer, and wheels installed and axels hot-glued in place. Just enough weight added to make sure it goes downhill.

I've had to ding a wheel to slow it down so it doesn't win. After 10 years of doing this the only two things that really make a difference are gettign the weight as close to the 5 ounce limit as possible and having the wheels straight.

/vic

Reply to
Victor Radin

LOL! I can imagine.

Sometimes not even that. :)

The pace car thing is a cute idea. We never run anything down the middle lane. I might borrow that this year.

Reply to
Silvan