RE: Squaring Rough Lumber

American English. Is that anything like German Spanish?
Doug Miller wrote the following:

It is past participle of the word 'saw', just like the past participle of the word 'blow' is 'blown'. Blow the house down. The wind blew the house down. The house was blown down, not blowed down.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

o.uk> wrote:

Different word. Mouse mice, House houses.
On 06/16/2011 12:15 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I saw you saw that lumber. You were seen you sawing that lumber.
I'm getting a headache...
On 6/16/11 2:15 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Get it right, man.... sheesh..... Moose, moosen or meese box, boxen
Whatever you call it, it's fun to get blowed.
--

-MIKE-

o.uk> wrote:

I know of Three little pigs who would disagree with that.... well two of them anyway..

I thought "meeses" was the plural of mouse. At least that's what Hannah Barbera would have led one to believe.

On 6/16/2011 1:30 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

Oh for heaven's sake - just cut the damn stuff! :-)
On 6/16/2011 3:55 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Getting blown doesn't suck much either...
--
Jack
Got Change: And the Change SUCKS!

Yeah, that gets confusing. If more than one mouse is "mice", is more than one spouse, "spice"?
Doug Miller wrote,on my timestamp of 17/06/2011 1:04 PM:

"i" before "e" except after "c". Just like in "weird science". It's all simple and logical. (NOT!) ;)
On 6/16/11 10:20 PM, Noons wrote:

That's great.
From my favorite comedian, Brian Regan... "I before e except after c and when sounding like 'A' as in neighbor and weigh, and on weekends and holidays and all throughout May, and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say!"
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote,on my timestamp of 17/06/2011 1:40 PM:

LOL! Awesome!

"I" before "e", except after "c". What a weird society.
-- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -- Mahatma Gandhi
On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:12:12 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

You beat me to it :-).

OK, then, if "saw" follows the same rules as "blow": - Saw the tree down. - The logger sew the tree down. Oops. I don't think that works.
There's nothing wrong with saying "The tree was sawed down, and then the log was sawed into boards."
On 06/16/2011 12:42 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Wouldn't that be sawed down and then sawed up?
<snip>

<snip>
Doug Miller, I think, said that his machine had "AN aluminum bed---". If that bed is all at the same height, both infeed and outfeed ends, then it IS a planer, isn't it? A jointer has two separate beds (tables). The infeed is usually set a little lower than the outfeed. The cutter head is set at the same height as the outfeed.
Pete Stanaitis

========================= A jointer is a type of planer, just not a ***thickness*** planer. This has nothing to do with the metal used in the table.
--
Eric

Be careful with the attributions, please. I didn't write this:

I wrote this:

Nope, that was the guy I was responding to.

I think his description was pretty clear. He's describing a combo machine with the jointer on top and the thickness planer below -- rare in North America, but I understand they're pretty common in Europe.