Site that may be of interest to some.

I've been looking for some 12mm self adhesive lead strip for a little job. Came across

I have absolutely no association with the company. Had a rootle round the site and found loads of stuff of interest to me and possibly other users of this ng. Prices seem reasonable. Flints Theatrical Chandlers mainly supplies the theatre and film set makers world. Some interesting stuff.

Site is olde worlde and horrible to navigate IMO. I couldn't get the online checkout to work (when I found it) so printed off the details and faxed them payment info. Once again, absolutely no association with the company.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

One of the best web sites I have seen in a coons age,some of the children designing modern sites (with unreadable colour on colour pages full of fancy doo dahs) would do well to emulate it.

Reply to
F Murtz

Self-Extinguishing Snow

Reply to
alan_m

I'd agree that it is an interesting site - I bought some reflecting metallised film to line a light pipe from them, and they were helpful and quick.

As for the website - it reminds me a bit of BES's - practical but not pretty, and with no concessions to website design elsewhere....

Charles F

Reply to
Charles F

But they have a GOSH e.g in the saws section:-

Burger Flippers An excellent saw for trimming pegs, undercutting sticking doors, and general carpentry work. Double-sided cutting edge. Rubbish on burgers and they trash non-stick pans.

and

Stanley 12" Wonder Bar® A lighter duty bar particularly favoured by the Germans.

Reply to
Geo

Indeed. I found little snippets of humour throughout the site. BTW, I read that as GSOH.

Reply to
Nick

I blame the checker...

Reply to
Geo

Thanks, all sorts of interesting stuff. What a shame they don't let you download a single PDF of everything, even if it takes an age. I am sure they would get a lot of new trade if they were as accessible as Toolstation or BES. But maybe the theatre / film trade knows them and keeps them going.

Reply to
newshound

I was also intrigued by their little GYS inverter welder, first item on this page. I have never been able to use traditional stick welders (I can just about do MIG) but this looks quite flexible.

newshound

As a sailor I'm familiar with Flints, firstly because the owner sails a lovely boat, and blogs about it, and secondly because they've recently bought (saving from closure)

A proper chandlery, on Shaftesbury Avenue of all places. It's London's, if not Britain's, longest surviving chandlers.

Justin.

Reply to
Justin C

I was VERY impressed with the last item in the "Sundries" section!

Reply to
Mr Fuxit