OT: signs of the times

FedEX supposedly delivered a package, destined for me, on 9/2 to a non-existent address on my street and has the gall to insist, with an apparent straight face, that it was signed for by one individual named F. Rontdoor.
And also last week, my bank called initially refused to accept a deposited check from Ireland, dated 12/08/04 and routed through a NY bank, because "...they don't accept post dated checks" ... also with a straight face.
It would almost be funny, if it wasn't so damn sad.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

So, the Irish write it day/month/year, huh? Tom Work at your leisure!
"Tom" wrote in message

Almost the entire rest of the world does ... you're obviously too intelligent to be a banker.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

I disagree - a person writing a check shouldn't change what they're doing based on potential audience, that's not a realistic expectation. However, a banker involved in international banking would have to be completely oblivious to not have the faintest idea that pretty much every other country writes their dates differently than we do.
That having been said, I usually used dates like "8-sept-2004". But, a banker should know that it's done differently in different countries. A person writing a check doesn't have the same expectation of international differences.
Dave Hinz

Well, that or August 12, 2004

What would they have done if the check had been written one day later?
-CJ
On 8 Sep 2004 12:13:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@mybluelight.com (Chris) wrote:

Have you ever seen a head explode?
Barry
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:54:42 GMT, B a r r y

Yes. It's in the movie "Scanners"
(Chris) wrote:

or Mars Attacks