OT Free drawing package

I want to record the wiring of my central heating so simple blocks of the components with their location in text plus connection numbers L, N, E, (pins) 1,2 ,3 , 4 etc. Interconnecting wiring with text showing colours of wire.

So, simple as possible

Can anyone suggest a suitable (free) drawing package for Win10

Reply to
alan_m

is good for electrical wiring diagrams (as opposed to circuit schematics). It has a library of the the kind of things you need - pumps, valves, circuit breakers etc. It will also do the hydraulic side of things, if you wanted that.

Otherwise, Inkscape is a good free general-purpose vector drawing package.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Thanks for that - basic enough to not have to go through a long learning curve.

I've had a play and managed so far to complete 25% of the task.

It is a bit buggy and has closed down twice without warning. The first time I lost everything, the second time it offered to recover but I had already learnt the lesson to save at regular intervals.

Reply to
alan_m

I use drawio (at draw.io), it draws diagrams as web pages in your browser. I've found it far more 'natural' to use than anything that is OS based (Windows or Linux) and the resulting diagrams are available to anyone with web access.

I use it for electrical circuit diagrams and for network diagrams.

Reply to
Chris Green

I have used Lucid Chart

100% free ... came out initially as a free alternative to Visio

rick

I've used the Mac version for floorplans - pretty good.

Reply to
RJH

Why not just learn to use a CAD prog? Several free ones (2D) around. You could then show the true wiring colours. As regards symbols, you can usually find a library of those too - or make your own. A decent CAD prog will use standard files that can be shared across all OS. And you can also use it for doing other drawing tasks - like say a shelf. ;-) As well as more complicated things.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News