OT- daylight savings time

Page 3 of 4

I doubt very many, since the time change occurs on the weekend. One hour is nothing. Don't you ever travel?
I love being on EDT, and in fact, would love to move the clocks FORWARD in the fall to gain daylight in the evening. Who cares if it's dark in the morning? But when it's dark when I'm leaving work, it sucks.
On 27 Oct 2003 04:30:39 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Larry Bud) wrote:

I love it when you can get to your destination before you even took off! lol
Have a nice week...
Trent
Going to work in the dark AND coming home in the dark, sucks big time.
Jim in Milwaukee
Larry Bud wrote:

NOT going to work sucks too, Jim!
dave
Jim wrote:

snip
Then quit. Stay home all day. Enjoy the light.

lost
spent
people being

have
Doug Miller wrote:

--
A couple years ago I came across a study that showed exactly what you postulate. Productivity decreases while accidents (industrial, automobile) increase in the week following the time change, (more so in the spring after losing an hour of sleep).
I would love to see us dispense with this nonsense, and I don't much care at which point we S*&%#@N it, just stop with the F&*%@#G changing of the G#$-%@!N clocks already.

Here in Saskatchewan we stay on MDT year round.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 19:48:40 -0600, Dave Balderstone

I thought it was CST. ;-) It's a pain in the butt dealing with you stubble jumpers, I never know whether you're on Alberta time or Manitoba time. I won't say anything about the Newfs who are a half hour late for everything.
Just curious, do computers take Saskatchewan's peculiarity into account (like they seem to do for Indiana) and not change the time?
BTW, the Yukon used to have its own time zone, until some federal bureaucrat decided it would be more convenient if it was in the same time zone as BC. If you examine a map, you will see that all of the Yukon is west of Vancouver. Alaska Standard Time was originally called Yukon Standard Time.
Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address

1. Doug has an older version of Windows.
2. The change is a setting within the Windows program/operating system. It doesn't automatically change the time because it simply isn't set to do so. It has nothing to do with his time zone.
3. He keeps confusing time zones with Daylight Saving Time.
Have a nice week...
Trent

And your point would be... ?

Right, that's what the "Indiana" choice is for in the Windows "time zone" setting: year-round EST.

I know the difference perfectly well. You're the one who's confused. Keep at it, though. I have confidence in you -- you'll catch on eventually.

My Mac does...
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Unlike some other responders, I am in favor of staying on daylight savings time all year and maybe doubling up in the spring. I HATE when it gets dark at 5:00. I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark in the winter. Since I am not much of a "morning person", it could stay dark till noon for all I care, but give me a little daylight after work. ;)
Dave Hall
David Hall wrote:

... and I worked at a place that kept me in the dark... <g> Until they let me go -- on a Friday the 13th, no less.
-- Mark
Dave Hall writes:

I don't care if they remove DST or leave EST, but I wish to hell they' d put one in place and leave it. Screws up my sleep for 3-4 days.
Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Move to Indiana!
And be confused. Went to school in South Bend, so I know how confusing it can be for others when you're no longer an hour different than they.
(Charlie Self) wrote:

put
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:53:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Just don't move to Manchester, Indiana...or anywhere in Dearborn county...and some other counties.
Have a nice week...
Trent
David Hall wrote:

I like the cut of your jib, Simpson. Um. Hall.
The thing I hate about the Dark Time, as I call it, is rush hour traffic at night, with 300 billion people shining their headlights into your eyes.

What's a jib?

at
I think everyone agrees with you on this one.
Frank
Frank Ketchum wrote:

Hate to be contrary, but *I* prefer morning light. I'm willing to drive home in complete and utter darkness, but I want to be able to have sunshine on my way to work. Helps me wake up and puts me in the mood to face the day.
Night, OTOH, is for the shop. I like it when it's cold, raining, and dark out when I'm doing my WW. Makes my world focus down to just the shop, letting me forget everything else.