it's about time

We have now about 15 minutes more daylight!!! Hip Hip Hooray Sunset is past 5pm and sunrise is now before 730 am We are 'supposed' to have SUN this weekend, and temps out of the 40s. (we shall see) But I am SO ready to get out there and prune roses and rake up crud, and just BE in the garden. And I will experience it to the fullest for all of you out there in the frozen lands, cross my heart....... I have Walla Walla onions, lettuce and spinach in large containers just waiting to grow a little.

Emilie in NorCal doing a sundance

Reply to
mleblanca

I'm headed your way. Rain today, sort of nice Sat and Sun, but I won't notice as it is hockey from Sat AM until Sun AM (but I should be grateful for that as I'll be driving a lot). Snow Sunday night in time for school Monday?

Cheryl Isaak

Please send rain to Austin TX. Nice, gentle rain for about two weeks and give us about three very slow to fall inches so we don't flood and our trees are replenished. It's also easier to pull weeds after a nice slow rain. Germinate my Cal. poppies and Larkspur.

Jangchub

Gladly - it's been a heavy rain and it wants to be in my basement

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

I was very specific! Gentle rain for a month with downpours...well, one downpour of an inch, then slow, soaking gray days. Oh how I yearn for gray days here in the land of the never ending sun.

Reply to
Jangchub

V Well I can send you the gray days right now- then you can persuade them to drop the rain Em

Reply to
mleblanca

What babbling buffoon wrote this bilgewater??? Oh. I did. Well here is the rest of the story Today was gray again, but when the temp went soaring up to 53 I thought I'd go on over to Target and see if the Christmas/Holiday trees were gone, and they were. NEW plants were all lined up in order on the shelves!!!! So of course sticky pot disease infected me, and I got a new plant. They say that gardeners grow through three stages: attracted to annuals, potty for perennials, and foolish for foliage. Well I am into stage 3 and got BAUMEA a nice foliage plant for my boggy area, about which I know nothing, except it likes wet places. Of course there is probably not room for it and I will have to start a new Bog area........................ Emilie NorCalif

Reply to
mleblanca

I think it might actually be overcast today! Let me get my wompom drums...

Reply to
Jangchub

Hey I think we/ve got something going here! The sun played peek a boo all morning and then about 1 pm the sun came out and stayed the rest of the afternoon. I got some rose pruning done and the bird feeder area cleaned and feeders filled. It was sure nice to be outside. I thought about all of the wreck. gardeners who are snowed in and sent some mental gardening vibes out to you. Hope you all got them! Hope you get your rain, V. Emilie (Garden Club meeting tonight)

Reply to
mleblanca

i am here in wisconsin. we started the winter with snow,snow,snow. then it warmed up and EVERYTHING melted! just around christmas time, it started to snow, and we got SEVERAL inches. it was absolutely gorgeous. (my two granddaughters from california absolutely LOVED IT) in the new year that snow has almost melted away, and its quite warm for january. (45+ degrees on the bluff of lake michigan)

thanks for all the positive thoughts! rosie

Reply to
readandpostrosie

Speaking of snow, that was a heck of a football game in Green Bay yesterday. Started with green grass and ended with snow plows and Brett Favre throwing snowballs. He didn't do badly for an old man.

Reply to
Billy

GO PACK GO!!!

Big fans here. I have crush on Favre. My husband has a man crush on him too!

Jangchub